• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Roto Start

Cortez

I havnt had my engine in for a while, had it out to clean ....... i tried the roto start in just now after putting the engine back in ..... say now if i turn the roto start, is the engine supposed to try and turn over, even with no glow plug and no fuel ........? i was just trying to see make sure it was ok, but it doesnt turn over when i turn the roto. Just spins freely!

cCheers :)

right then on the back of the roto thing theres a hole for a bit that sticks off the rod inside the engine, the bit goes in the hole the as u spin the roto it makes the piston go up and down

sorry for crap description, basically u ain't put it back on right lol

I have a mate who had a rs4, went from pullstart to roto, gave it a shot. and we used it for a day, no probs, THEN day after things went wrong, all the gearing inside started to grind itself down, and all the teeth were chewed up, and no we were not incorrectly using it, and no we wernt abusing it, just decided to break, and from what i have heard, roto start doesnt let ya feel whats going on in the engine, like if its flooded n stuff, i think roto is pants, all the stroies i have heard, and how better pull start is, i think if ya gonna be lazy, do it right. buy a bloooody drill :P otherwise, stick with pull seems to be good. altho has anyone tried that new roto start 2.. that comes with the new savages? whats the diff? ;)