• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HUNTER's Project Baja 5SC

HUNTER.P

Once you had a couple break in tanks put through, that thing was flying!!! It will only get better too. Was great to have you down Phil and hope to see you at many more! You definately put that truck through it's paces today!! We as a group had a good few breaks today, not sure what the story with that is, but it happens. All part of the game we play. Broke the top arm myself on a jump, not as big as yours though. Broke a wheel before that and broke a drive cup before that. I call that a good days bashing :xd:

Once you had a couple break in tanks put through, that thing was flying!!! It will only get better too. Was great to have you down Phil and hope to see you at many more! You definately put that truck through it's paces today!! We as a group had a good few breaks today, not sure what the story with that is, but it happens. All part of the game we play. Broke the top arm myself on a jump, not as big as yours though. Broke a wheel before that and broke a drive cup before that. I call that a good days bashing :xd:

As they say, if it aint broke, you werent having fun

d4814282-7003-1a4b.jpg

This is the jump that caused that:

http://youtu.be/kEAkvF9OxHM

Something had to give, going to inspect car later to see what else I can find. I know I need to refit the wheel wells. They came loose after losing to clips.

But I know I have lost a window :xd:

Edited by HUNTER.P

How do you loose a window lol. Looking good Phil engine sounds sweet. You pleased with it?

I really dunno lol but its not there now, the clips are. Almost as if it ripped off :( And couldnt be happier, every tank i put through it the engine gives more!

• 5 weeks later...

So I got my Black Friday order just before christmas and only getting round to fitting some parts now.

20111220_105130.jpg

First thing was to replace all the broken RPM bits :( Firstly the rear bumper bracket

DSC00956.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

And then the broken upper arm

DSC00958.jpg

Then moved to the front and fitted my servo saver upgrades:

DSC00962.jpg

DS Servo Saver and the threshold spring support, these teamed with the DDM Servo horn make the whole servo saver much more responsive and stronger.

Then out came the engine to fit the Crankcase outerwear

DSC00963.jpg

I've got a 9.5k clutch spring too fit too but need a socket set to change :( Also replaced one of my missing lights and have started to glue down some of the trimming on the Pitbull Kit due to it coming off last time. Should stay put on the next bash :D

• 4 weeks later...

Got the long needed pipe wrap fitted today to stop my pitbull well from rubbing and melting on the pipe

20120120_143950.jpgB

Before:

20120120_143955.jpg

After:

20120120_145604.jpg

I would of liked to of done the whole pipe but after the thick section the depth of the cone is just to much and is a nightmare to get the wrap to follow around it well/nicely so cut it off just before it.

Also anyone using this, I dunno what it is on the material but this is what my hands looked like after

20120120_145416.jpg

And for reasons like not wanting to make myself look like a fool I am not posting a picture, but during me applying the wrap I kept rubbing my face and was covered in the stuff :lol:

• Like 1

I've just found out that your meant to soak the wrap in water then apply it, cause when it dries it tightens up a lot more so time to get the hands dirty again

Set about re-doing the pipe wrap and I think its a much better fit. Left it too soak for around 10mins and got wrapping then fired up the baja to get it dried off.

Doesnt smell though?

20120121_143421.jpg

Also received my DOTD TFE Tethers and got them fitted while it was ticking over. I've used all the standard screws in the cage to secure these except for the front ones where I trimmed a little off the body post and slid the ring between the post and the support washer thing,

20120121_150236.jpg

20120121_150231.jpg

20120121_150223.jpg

No more fiddling around trying to find all the body clips :D and dropping them in the chassis etc :lol: