• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Spektrum DX6i calibration procedure.

If you need to recalibrate your stick positions on your DX6i because your channels aren't centreing or you haven't got full travel on default settings then this is how you do it.

Spectrum DX6i service menu (calibration)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ensure that "AIL D/R", "FLAP/GYRO", "ELEV D/R", "GEAR/F MODE", "RUDD D/R" are in 0 position (UP) and MIX/TH HOLD is in 1 position (DOWN).

1. Turn OFF your Spectrum DX6i

2. Push both dx6i horizontal trims at the same time to the direction of POWER switch. (Push Left trim to the right and right trim to the left)

Hold them so and now turn ON your dx6i.

You should see version information if you still hold trims.

If you release trims then dx6i shows calibration summary menu.

Code:

T A E R

U 915 956 947 956

M 472 504 508 544

D 043 067 082 060

T - THRO stick

A - AILE stick

E - ELEV stick

R - RUDD stick

U - up position of stick

M - middle position of stick

D - down position of stick

Now it gets interesting.

* Flip the AIL D/R switch down and you are in the UP position calib. menu. Move your sticks up and to the right to set new UP position values. System shows only highest values. To get summary menu just flip the AIL D/R switch up.

* Flip the FLAP/GYRO switch down and you are in the MIDDLE position calib.menu. In this menu you can set new middle values for sticks

to get summary menu just flip the FLAP/GYRO switch up.

* Flip the ELEV D/R switch down and you are in the DOWN position calib.menu. In this menu you can set new down values for sticks with sticks down and to the left. System shows only lowest value to get summary menu just flip the ELEV D/R switch up.

* If you flip the MIX/TH HOLD to UP and DOWN (LCD goes blank in UP position) then original calib. data is reloaded.

SAVING NEW CALIB. DATA - in the summary menu flip the MIX/TH HOLD to UP (screen is blank) and press Roller.

It will beep few times and will go in to standard SETUP MONITOR menu.

* SW TEST (switch test) - in the summary menu flip the MIX/TH HOLD to UP (screen is blank) and flip the GEAR/F MODE to DOWN

Before recalibrating your DX6i please write down your org calib. data because you may need it!

Edited by wastegate
  • Like 1