• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MTA4 CARB SETTINGS

BAZ

:helpsmilie:

HI CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY NEW MTA4 S28 TRUCK, THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVE TWO SETTINGS FOR THE LOW SPEED NEEDLE, 1.5 TURNS OUT, AND 6.5 TURNS OUT, WHICH ONE IS RIGHT FOR RUNNING THE ENGINE IN, I AM VERY NEW TO R/C, ALSO THE TRUCK WILL NOT RUN IF YOU REMOVE THE GLOW START EVEN WITH A HOT PLUG IN.

ALL CONSTRUCTIVE HELP APPRECIATED

BAZ

• 1 year later...

HI CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY NEW MTA4 S28 TRUCK, THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVE TWO SETTINGS FOR THE LOW SPEED NEEDLE, 1.5 TURNS OUT, AND 6.5 TURNS OUT, WHICH ONE IS RIGHT FOR RUNNING THE ENGINE IN, I AM VERY NEW TO R/C, ALSO THE TRUCK WILL NOT RUN IF YOU REMOVE THE GLOW START EVEN WITH A HOT PLUG IN.

BAZ

i have also just bought a mta4 s50 and found the same mistake in the booklets. the low speed needle needs to be out 6 1/2 turns and the high speed needle 3 1/4 turns.

• 2 months later...

Hi i was searching for stuff about my mta4 and found this thread.My mta4's instructions are the same but i have 3 different factory settigs!?And as for the break in instructions it says to give it full throttle in the first tank.Surely that cant be rite?I have had alot of nitro's and they have all said to not use full throttle for the first few tanks.

Baz, if it's stalling out when you remove the glow starter you need a new plug ;) Something along the lines of an OS8 or MC-59 should be idea for the engine.

Thunder Tiger break-in procedures are strange indeed, but i followed them to the letter (not knowing any better back then) and the engine in my MT-A4 is still running like a dream. If you don't want to risk it then just do a regular heat-cycling break in http://www.cooperfuels.com/Break-in.htm

BAZ

Hi Baz

My manual says screw all the way in very gently until it bottoms out DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN then 6 1/2 turns out ,

it is the lsn you are talking about not the hsn yea

have you set the tickover for run in 1mm gap also very important

when i got my s28 i switched the fuel it was used to (got it 2nd hand) and had to do break in again

and found that the idle needed setting to this to break in

I switched to os8 plugs and starts real easy now had lots of problems with mt plugs

any other help just gis a shout ,

they are sweet trucks mate good choice , mine has been so reliable

do the upgrades that are recomended on here , search for mta4 upgrades which i did apart from forward only

and it will give you hours of fun

sy