• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TT-01/TL-01 Essential Upgrades/Hop-ups

Hpi_matrix_stock

fisrt this esc has NO LVC so be carefull of that.....low volt cut of witch i dont run with out one .....

I currently have a TT01 typeD, running HPI SW15 ESC and Firebolt 15T (both ripped out from my HPI Sprint2).

Stuck a HobbyWing 9T brushless and the car is stupidly quick but cant drift - hence I stuck the HPI kit back on.

i run a tt01E alloy prop shaft ballraced alloy front rear knuckles etc and a 19t motor and pinion with a 61t spure gear with a set of T.DRIFT'S..so how you carnt drift i dont know mines hard enough to keep in a strate line lol loads of fun tho :whistling::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

At the moment (with the HPI ESC and motor), my TT01 drift very well in a bigger bend, but harder to control on the smaller bend.

With the HobbyWing ESC and 9T motor, together with drift tyres, it just donuts all the time.

I was thinking of upgrading the 15t firebolt motor with something with more tourque, if you know what I mean?

Hi guys, I just bought an assembled, but never run TT-01 with a beautiful shell, mainly because I want something that looks like a real car for a change. I have bought bearings, ally prop, shockys and a metal motor mount. I intend to strip it back and rebuild it, and probably convert it to rally spec so I can bash with it on our long fast astro 5th scale track.

My question concerns running gear, I'm tempted to bung my 7.5t brushless setup out my B44 in it for a laugh, but will this just pointlessly destroy it?

If so, I will probably just go for a cheap brushed setup, would something like this do the job, I dunno much about brushed stuff.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=37403

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=29609

Cheers

Stuart

You should be able to gear that to at least 23/58 with no issues but keep an eye on temps, that gearing is a good mix of speed and acceleration, half throttle will be plenty but watch out for lift off oversteer, keep at least a 1/4 throttle on in a turn :)

You should be able to gear that to at least 23/58 with no issues but keep an eye on temps, that gearing is a good mix of speed and acceleration, half throttle will be plenty but watch out for lift off oversteer, keep at least a 1/4 throttle on in a turn :)

Thanks luigi, I appreciate your advice! :)

kaylan, here is my TT-01

tt01.jpg

Well that's it up and running, it's insanely rapid! :D

Had a quick wee go on the drift tyres with the power backed right down, but didn't seem to have much control, I'll need to try locking the diff I think.

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

Same shell as mine, done mine in PS46 iridescent purple/green :)

Pic is in show us your touring car thread :)

Lovely! My best mate is a spray painter and has airbrushes etc, I'm planning on doing a few shells in the near future.

not much to be far i run a 19t highspeed motor with 19t pinion and a 61t spure with T.drifts thats about it raelly apart from abit of ally :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I got the 3racing ones for about the same and they seem ok.

My TT-01 runs really nice on rubber tyres, well fast and turns in nice, but I can't seem to make it drift nicely on fastrax drift tyres, it just wants to spin out, even with my throttle travel turned down to 40 out of 150, I think the 6.5t might just be too much for it. Probablt the fact that I don't have a nice smooth surface isn't helping though?

Is your rear diff locked and a nice surface would help also with your shocks have you put soft on the front and hard on the rear and I'm guesing that you are using all 4 drift and not just on the back tyres as that would cuors you to just spin round

Rear diff was locked by stuffing blue roll in it, and all 4 tyres are drifters, don't have different grades of springs, but screwed the back ones down a bit to stiffen them compared to the front. I managed to drift to a certain degree with my savage flux with home made drift tyres, but I can't seem consistently control the tendency of the TT-01 for the back end to want to overtake the front. I seem to be having the same problem as bigseal888 did with the brushless setup, I think I'll try to pick up an ESC and try againg with the silver can motor.

Drop the settings on your esc, turning the timing and acceleration down will give it a brushed feel, will ramp up instead of instant power kicks, had mine going at 45-60 degree turns no problem on rubber tyres on tarmac, werent trying to drift but it was doing it naturally :)

Try it out matey ether as above or go brushed even if you do.decide to you hant it faster you can up.gear the tt01 any way on a cheap the maybe go.on to your drushless when you have the feel for it..CHEERS K

Cheers guys, I have lowered everything as far as possible, It's pouring now, but I'm going to give it a try somewhere smoother, like Morrisons car park! :D

I use my local co-op, watch out for any dips, will flip otherwise. You can fit 28/55 on a TT01 so if you run something like a 10t motor, you will still have the top speed with that gearing but less acceleration which is what you want in a drifter really, im using a Nosram Dragon 9.5t motor and its pukka :) the 7900kv was just too intense on the drivetrain.