• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TT-01/TL-01 Essential Upgrades/Hop-ups

Hpi_matrix_stock

I haven't seen one around the net, if someone made one, I'd have expected it to be Yeah Racing (but there isn't one on their site). Its not really needed to have metal gears inside each TT01 gearbox anyway, the stock plastic ones are really tough and I've not seen anyone strip them, even with really quick brushless systems.

Quick one looking for an update:- got stock teu101bk esc and stock silver can in TT01.

Just bought turnigy 5000 2S hard case - would anyone recomend a new esc possibly with lipo cut out protection or just buy a gv lipo cut off ?

If getting new esc would you recommend one which can take a lower turn motor for more speed in future (still want forward & reverse) ?

Budget wise im a tight arse so as little as possible.

Again any thoughts appreciated.

Ade

Edited by adeace

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello there!

I'm fairly new to the RC world and completely new to the forum. I see its been a fair while since anyone posted on here. was just wanting some help. I have TT01 E which has an alloy prop shaft and metal bearings. I'm wanting to put something like a 12T motor and suitable ESC in it but don't know where to start to be honest. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not into drifting or anything, just beating my mates on a huge car park we have at work!

What about this

My link

Cheers!

Normally when fitting as faster motor, you'd go higher on the gearing, so, fitting a smaller pinion or bigger spur gear. But, the TT01 usually comes with a 19 tooth pinion and 61 tooth spur which is as high as you can go, so leave it be. :good:

• 2 months later...

Ansmann do oil filled shocks in various lengths, so I'd be looking at a couple of pairs of those :) Nothing much else really, its a tough car so won't need alloy, and the bearings cover the efficiency area. Maybe tyres to suit your surface, and then brushless/LiPo if you want more speed? A metal geared servo would be a good idea for more holding power in the corners. :good:

Most do, a 5000mah pack can be a squeeze though and it helps to get rid of those triangle locators from one side of the battery area. Just Dremel them away to make space.

Welcome to the forum :good:

Yep, that'll be great, you could also go for the Fusion 10.5 without putting much more stress on the car.

I recently built my tt01e and i put a fusion 10.5turn in and it runs sweet with loads of speed and acceleration, so the fusion10.5 is highly recommended without to much stress :good:

• 3 months later...

can anyone tell me what battery will fit my tl-01 without hacking anything off the chassis also where can i get a carbon propshaft from its the only hop up part i didnt get when they where first out

Edited by fatboyneil

Rounded LiPo backs will fit, they are packs with a rounded profile. HPI, Ansmann, Yeah Racing and Core all do packs to suit, as do others, but you'll need to trim the L-shaped battery straps for a bit of clearance. If you want to stick with NiMH cells, then Vapextech packs fit too but might need the straps trimming as well.

Rounded LiPo backs will fit, they are packs with a rounded profile. HPI, Ansmann, Yeah Racing and Core all do packs to suit, as do others, but you'll need to trim the L-shaped battery straps for a bit of clearance. If you want to stick with NiMH cells, then Vapextech packs fit too but might need the straps trimming as well.

thanks garry but i've got the quick release adapters to go on yet dont know if that should help i am after lipo but most rounded ones on ms say 45mmx24mm for width and depth wich is too big for the hole in the chassis i still have a origanal 1400mah nicd tamiya pack that holds a half decent charge but i'm gonna need something for longer run times than 5 minutes

Seems like the best place to put this (most likely) silly question.

Since I'm going to start using an old TL01 I have for rally I thought why not get a rally shell to go with it and quite like the look of the 306 Maxi shell that came with the FF02 models, will this shell fit onto a standard TL01? or will I have to perhaps change the rear mounts since from pictures it looks like the mounts are pretty similar in position.

Yep, its 190mm wide and has a 257mm wheelbase so its just a case of using FF02 rear body mounts on the TL01. :good:

Cheers, They have the same C parts according to the manuals but if I had kept them which I thought I would have then I have no idea where they would be now, looks like I've got another part to get :lol:.

Welcome to the forum! Have you got a manual? If not, download one here: http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rcmanual/tt01.pdf

The centre driveshaft is a case of taking the spur gear cover off, then maneuvering the spur gear and mounts out to get the driveshaft out. The bearings simply replace all the plastic and bronze bushings inside each gearbox casing and wheel hub.