• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

stock gearing then, check your mesh binding when turning the wheels, did the esc flash 'thermal protection' when it cut out?

I checked the gear mesh and that did seem to tight so I reset that which did'nt change anything. Cant be sure if the esc flashed when it cut out I would have to check again. Do you think the esc needs replacing?

Nah painted all on the inside although it doesn't show through aswell as hoped as I let my mum and dad drive it the other weekend and they battered the shell! wheelarches and rear body post holes are all reinforced with glue and plastic but did it before I decided to repaint it

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

stock gearing then, check your mesh binding when turning the wheels, did the esc flash 'thermal protection' when it cut out?

Had another look at the fs today and same thing again, got hot within a couple of mins and started to stutter constantly, then all of a sudden would shoot off as normal until letting go of the trigger then when applying trigger again it would stutter again. After a short time of this when applying the trottle forwards it would not stutter at all and not move either and the esc would flash green when trying to go forwards or flash red when trying to go backwards. When the esc flashes I guess that's  the thermal protection? The way the motor stutters I'm thinking it's a motor fault which is making everything get hot and then the esc cuts out, does this sound likely or has anyone else had the same problem?

Sounds a bit like my sc8 when the lipo cutoff was set to high so the battery had to take a bit of time to recover after full throttle before taking off again?

• Like 1

Yeah sounds similar to issues I've had in the past with LVC and batteries not being up to the job...

Had another look at the fs today and same thing again, got hot within a couple of mins and started to stutter constantly, then all of a sudden would shoot off as normal until letting go of the trigger then when applying trigger again it would stutter again. After a short time of this when applying the trottle forwards it would not stutter at all and not move either and the esc would flash green when trying to go forwards or flash red when trying to go backwards. When the esc flashes I guess that's the thermal protection? The way the motor stutters I'm thinking it's a motor fault which is making everything get hot and then the esc cuts out, does this sound likely or has anyone else had the same problem?

what batteries you using? esc flashing explenations can be found in the manual?

what batteries you using? esc flashing explenations can be found in the manual?

I am using a turnigy 2s lipo 3600 mah 30/40c discharge

and a overlander 3s lipo 4250 mah 30/c discharge 50c burst.

I have only tried the 3s once as will mostly be using the 2s but its the same on both batteries.I will have to have a look in the manual again but didnt find anything last time.

Yeah heard that before stretch, they're just so.. shiny. What's the best way of reducing motor heat, i'm running stock everthing and a 5200mah 2s and I can only hold the motor for ~4s after a good run. I know there's a heat cutoff, but I don't want it too hot, as I'd like to go 3s in the future  :yes:

Edited by Mmmmays

Getting about 43mph now with my new motor :-D with 3s, standard gearing, quicrun 3800kv motor and etronix photon esc

So much cooler and quicker than when running the 13t etronix 380 finned motor in it ^_^ne7a2ura.jpgeru8a5y6.jpg

Yeah heard that before stretch, they're just so.. shiny. What's the best way of reducing motor heat, i'm running stock everthing and a 5200mah 2s and I can only hold the motor for ~4s after a good run. I know there's a heat cutoff, but I don't want it too hot, as I'd like to go 3s in the future :yes:

get yourself an IR heat gun to see what the temperature is, you can get a heatsink for the motor.

Ok, Well I will have to change one or the other yeah unless there is an adapter, was just thinking it could be easier with an adaptor and my wires would reach further as the esc wires are quite short for where I have it

I am looking to get another 2s battery and found a turnigy 5000mah 20-30c on ebay,does that c rating sound ok?

5000mah x 20c = 100A the pack should always exceed the ESC demands, so the real question is how much juice does your ESC need? Is it stock?

Well i think i am going to have to replace the motor and esc on the fs to get it up and running again and was thinking i would just replace with the standard fit flux vapor esc and vektor 4800kv motor but have had a search around for something similar and was wondering if either of these would be ok or can anyone recomend anything else that mite be better than the standard set up and idealy still waterproof

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hobbywing-EZRun-Brushless-Combo-SC-C2-8-5T-Motor-120A-Waterproof-ESC-/281238442443?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item417b1e11cb

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOBBYWING-Combo-RC-Car-4700KV-Brushless-Motor-EZRUN-Waterproof-SC8-120A-ESC-/301010318869?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item46159cf615

Any help would be much appriciated :thumbsup: