• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

For ref its usually, with the wires closest to you and the motor shaft facing away, ABC left to right. And on the esc the wires closest to you and battery wires the opposite side, ABC left to right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowlly21 said:

Still the same it has to be my ESC now I think I'm going to give it to somebody who knows what there doing. Aka Capri boy 

Have you checked your gearbox?

When the motor is out does it spin freely? Gear mesh between the pinion and spur all ok?

And when you hold one rear wheel, and spin the other, is that all ok and smooth?

Friends. I just finished trimming my new Body. It was a first for me so its not perfect. Need to sand the lines a bit. 

What color should i go with? I'm thinking somekind of Blue or even Balls to the Wall Pink

LJuoX77.jpg

Edited by EquinoxRC

i like the idea of a paint splatter design. Do some flurescent yellow flecks and then the rest flurescent pink lol

when i get a new shell thats what i'm doing except black and flurescent green.

• Like 2

Had another go with mine this evening down at the local garden centre which has got a decent bit of field and some banks for jumps, new nanda blocks working a treat on the grip side of things

Also I got the fs a mate [emoji3][emoji3]
959eeef47e27ba065a941942b7b5c673.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rowlly21 said:

Still the same it has to be my ESC now I think I'm going to give it to somebody who knows what there doing. Aka Capri boy 

Hi mate I'd be happy to have a look at it and have all firestorm spares and spare electrics to try so you can send me everything.

• Like 1

On 10/04/2017 at 14:27, chewbacca said:

Going for the double soon?

This one's for @chewbacca;)

I only just pulled it off, I'm scared to jump any higher because I keep breaking gearbox casings :lol:

Edited by everclear1984

2 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

This one's for @chewbacca;)

I only just pulled it off, I'm scared to jump any higher because I keep breaking gearbox casings :lol:

Impressive! Why not get a rear T-Bone? That'll save the 'box won't it?

6 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

Impressive! Why not get a rear T-Bone? That'll save the 'box won't it?

I had a rear Tbone, I can't remember why I no longer have it lol. It didn't save the box, the problem is the strain that having the motor hanging way out back puts on the plastic support tabs. I seem to have solved the problem now, either one of those jumps would probably have resulted in a cracked case before.

1 minute ago, everclear1984 said:

I had a rear Tbone, I can't remember why I no longer have it lol. It didn't save the box, the problem is the strain that having the motor hanging way out back puts on the plastic support tabs. I seem to have solved the problem now, either one of those jumps would probably have resulted in a cracked case before.

Hmmmmmmm.

17 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

How did you fix that issue?

Cannot wait to get mine up and running, need to sell all the Yeti bits first though :(

19 minutes ago, ostewart said:

How did you fix that issue?

Cannot wait to get mine up and running, need to sell all the Yeti bits first though :(

There are 4 screws holding the gearbox to the chassis, 2 from underneath and 2 from the top. The ones on the bottom kept stripping leaving only the top ones supporting the gearbox. I couldn't fit longer screws because the hole in the casing doesn't go all the way through so I simply drilled it out and fitted a longer screw. I also put washers under the top screws to spread the load and glued the casing to the rear brace to stop it flexing, any one of those things could have helped, or it could just be a big coincidence lol

• Like 1

So i took it out today. Having power issues. The hw wp-sc8 says 2-4s lipo. I've set it to auto detect and i think my batteries are falling short power wise. Using a 4000mah zippy 30c 2s. I press full throttle and sometimes it just sluggishly jerks forward. I had this issue before with my old esc and a NiMH battery. Is it simple battery sag?