• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

I hammered the Firestorm on 2s & 3s and the Skatepark and bmx track today, thankfully no breakages :)

Here are a few screenshots from the footage I shot, I'll post the vid later for anyone interested.

Screenshot_20170407-135201_zpsoe1tixyu.p

Screenshot_20170407-135206_zps5mebiflj.p

Screenshot_20170407-135311_zpsqzeve9oh.p

Screenshot_20170407-135301_zpskdqr5lx4.p

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EquinoxRC said:

I mainly run on 3s. Will the motor take just one speed run without instant smoke? I'm tempted to try

4s is too much for 4000kv but you seem dead set on trying it so film it if you do.

Took my Firestorm out for a blast in the park today and need some advice.  I used a 2s and 3s lipo, and every time I got to a certain speed, instead of going quicker, it would just wheelie. I was super gentle with the throttle in a very linear way, maybe wind under the body? It seemed to want to rotate the car rather than the wheels at a certain speed. Has anyone seen this before?

EDIT: Maybe it had something to do with the tires ballooning? I think I noticed it lifting the front as the tires ballooned. I need to find a belted tire I think, I didn't think ProLine Big Joe's would balloon so badly.

Edited by LifeofBrian

29 minutes ago, LifeofBrian said:

Took my Firestorm out for a blast in the park today and need some advice.  I used a 2s and 3s lipo, and every time I got to a certain speed, instead of going quicker, it would just wheelie. I was super gentle with the throttle in a very linear way, maybe wind under the body? It seemed to want to rotate the car rather than the wheels at a certain speed. Has anyone seen this before?

EDIT: Maybe it had something to do with the tires ballooning? I think I noticed it lifting the front as the tires ballooned. I need to find a belted tire I think, I didn't think ProLine Big Joe's would balloon so badly.

Instead of strapping one battery in, strap in 2... Extra weight should help with any issues, then it's a quick swap the connector and go again. :yahoo:

On 7 April 2017 at 12:45, Relativenewbyseb said:

In relation to my earlier post, do they no longer stock the old type spur gears then?
So I need to upgrade to the blitz clutch setup and top shaft and then look for the newer spur gears, which are also all on low or limited stock I feel

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Think I have the older spur gear new in packet in the sale section :)

4 minutes ago, Rowlly21 said:

Motor is knackered on my firestorm. 

Recomendations for a brusless motor will be used with hobbywing sc8 ESC and standered gearing. 

Max budget £70 thank you 

Dude. .is this still my boys old FS flux:yes:

1 minute ago, Rowlly21 said:

Yes it is man changed a lot since then haha. 

Was the motor reasonably new ? its broke now anyway. What motor would you recommend for a motor ? 

take a punt on one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GoolRC-S3650-3900KV-Sensorless-Brushless-Motor-for-1-10-RC-Car-NEW-P2C9-/192122904942?hash=item2cbb6ae16e:g:YXUAAOSwTuJYvRw7

• Like 1

Think I have the older spur gear new in packet in the sale section [emoji4]

Only just seen this, cheers for the heads up mate. I've gone with the ecx one as suggested but if not I'll look out for it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ostewart said:

Really, has anybody tried one ? 

I really have have no clue about motors I don't understand the power or what is need for good performance on the firestorm. I want a good powerful motor that's not going to fry my ESC haha. 

11 minutes ago, Rowlly21 said:

@evssvYes it is man changed a lot since then haha. 

Was the motor reasonably new ? its broke now anyway. What motor would you recommend for a motor ? 

Sweet...:good:It was only   a few runs old if that I thk ..well at least  u getting moneys worth outa it :yes:..I thk stock was 4800kv I thk.....tbh not up on 1/10th  brushless  motors..but  4800kv or lower  ...hobbywing  one may b....or a cheap  goolrc one as they seem good value for money :good:

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rowlly21 said:

I want a good powerful motor that's not going to fry my ESC haha. 

Are you running 2S or 3S?

3900Kv 3650 motor is suitable, about £13 for a blue can, eg. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-3650-3900KV-Sensorless-Brushless-Slotless-Motor-Scala-for-1-10-Racing-Car-PS-/382035235025?hash=item58f31310d1:g:qbcAAOSw3R1XTknY

More speed but only on 2S 4750Kv 3650, eg.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEOPARD-RC-Model-3650-6-5T-KV4750-2-Poles-R-C-Hobby-Brushless-Motor-IM032-/252053316486?hash=item3aaf8c6386:g:0XsAAOSwT6pVyZ0A

2 minutes ago, Rowlly21 said:

I'm guessing RPM ? 

Yes, higher Kv the higher RPM. I've run both 3900 and 4750 with the former being more usable and fast enough.

What motor did you kill? Was it getting too hot? What was gearing? Where were running it? What mods were done, larger tyres/wheels?