• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

tbone wheelie bar is the best one to get if you've got the rear bumper as fixes to that. thers a link to it and fitting guide on first page.

cheers stretch will check that out,still cant get over the huge difference between 2s and 3s,i need 4 wheel drive now hahaha

was looking at that tbone wheelie bar do people go with the standard soft tyre and plstic hub or do they pay the little extra to get hard wheels and metal hubs? i also see there is a third option seems to be a different size or something?

yeah 3s definately livens it up, it would be ultimate basher if it was 4wd, thats why i have a slash as well.

yeah think your completly right its a shme its not 4wd tbh.

I only know 1 person who's had a leopard fail but a fair few who run them in their FS, as with any manufacturer you will always get failures, the hobbywing combos come well recommended as well.

I only know 1 person who's had a leopard fail but a fair few who run them in their FS, as with any manufacturer you will always get failures, the hobbywing combos come well recommended as well.

Thanks stretch and Alex I think I'll go with one of them. I think the problem was I was looking on YouTube and a few we're say the the esc started smoking and another had said that the magnets had come unstuck at a certain temp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back off holiday & decided to take a few cars out tomorrow, I've treated the firestorm to a 7600mah slash 2s lipos, I chopped off the trx connector & banged a deans on it, its now the official firestorm pack. I'll time it tomorrow, I'm expecting 30+ minutes!

I've used that combo on a 2wd SCT & a ftx carnage, it ran great, fully waterproof but I kept to 2s only.

My Pro line wheels and tyres came, had to drill the wheels out slightly for them to fit the HPI hex's. I've lost a fair amount of rear track width though, which looks a bit silly and probably won't handle so well, is there such a thing as extended hex's? Thanks.

P.s. 3s is f****ing insane!

Yeah 2 zippy 2200 3s in parallel so I get more than 5 minutes run time, helps a little to keep the nose down

Thing that has changed the nose lifting the most is I have experimented with switching the rear arms over right from the start and I haven't had any problems, I guess a longer wheelbase helps

Edited by Relativenewbyseb