• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Any recommendations for servo upgrades? I'm soon going to be going brushless on 2s and i'm looking for a decent servo that will not cost the earth but will do a better job than the stock one.

Much obliged chaps.

7 minutes ago, Shokka said:

Any recommendations for servo upgrades?

Sure it's been asked in this thread, try a search. What's wrong with stock one? Most time front wheels are in air and are relatively small and light, so dont need anything with lots torque, PowerHD/Turnigy 1501MG should be adequate.

1 minute ago, locky said:

Sure it's been asked in this thread, try a search. What's wrong with stock one? Most time front wheels are in air and are relatively small and light, so dont need anything with lots torque, PowerHD/Turnigy 1501MG should be adequate.

Thanks.

I did use search, so sorry to be a pain because I do know rule number 1 of forum use is "ALWAYS SEARCH!@!!@!!;". However due to being an extreme novice, when I search servos in this thread the main posts coming up are those merely mentioning the servo rather than actually suggesting upgrades and such. Any that are go right over my head due to inexperience.

Hence the post, for my own clarity more than anything.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shokka said:

Thanks.

I did use search, so sorry to be a pain because I do know rule number 1 of forum use is "ALWAYS SEARCH!@!!@!!;". However due to being an extreme novice, when I search servos in this thread the main posts coming up are those merely mentioning the servo rather than actually suggesting upgrades and such. Any that are go right over my head due to inexperience.

Hence the post, for my own clarity more than anything.

Have a read of the first post in this thread.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stretch said:

Have a read of the first post in this thread.

Yea i've had a look at that. The 2 options for servo (one for speed the other for torque).

Unfortunately a few of the links in the post seem to just reload the page at the same post rather than skipping to the relevant members guide. So I will have to do some further trawling.

20 minutes ago, Shokka said:

Yea i've had a look at that. The 2 options for servo (one for speed the other for torque).

Unfortunately a few of the links in the post seem to just reload the page at the same post rather than skipping to the relevant members guide. So I will have to do some further trawling.

A lot of links broke when the forum upgraded I'll have a look when I get a minute.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shokka said:

Zippy lipos are really good. I use a 4000mah 2s in my firestorm. Also just got t bone bumpers and they make a world of difference in terms of protection.

As for chargers, since I'm still new to the rc hobby world, I got a fairly basic balance charger from robotbirds ... which for the money is actually really good. Balances well and has a storage function which always takes them to a good storage voltage level. Can be found here ..

https://www.robotbirds.co.uk/default/ft680-ac-dc-80watt-charger.html

.... but again, I guess this is quite an entry level balance charger.

Cheers Shokka

cant see if the charger comes with Deans plugs ?

1 hour ago, Peachy37 said:

Looks cool, anyone used a Hellion Select 10 sc ?. Was set on a Firestorm but those Hellions seem to have good reviews.

@Noj

• 2 weeks later...

Where can i buy the 5x14 metal washers that come with HPI Wheels? All i find is the plastic ones.

Is it ok if i use something smaler? As long as it is centered on the wheel should be ok i think.

Edited by EquinoxRC