• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

no never been there

i got a feeling it is the servo saver, anyway i can get it off?

You have to unscrew the top plate covering the servo parts and the 4 screw's on the front bottom of the chassis

Check the manual for how much to tighten it. And don't forget to put thread lock on otherwise it will loosen over time

Edited by Leo Best

just got the new power hd and its not that fast at turning still

i was just wondering if its because of the servo saver

To be honest the Firestorm seems to be known for it's poor turning circle. Do you have a lot of slop in the steering? There are some tips on the first page on how to tighten things up, if that doesn't solve it then it could well be your servo saver.

To be honest the Firestorm seems to be known for it's poor turning circle. Do you have a lot of slop in the steering? There are some tips on the first page on how to tighten things up, if that doesn't solve it then it could well be your servo saver.

Or dual rate

Bashed it HARD today! Got a short video when we first arrived at the bash spot and the jumps just got bigger and bigger from there :D No breakages but one of the motor mount screws came loose toward the end and I couldn't be bothered to fix it on the spot so called it a day.

Bashing HPI E-Firestorm:

https://youtu.be/Em7CtrSHZbE

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 1

Overall for the price they are great. Decent traction. Wear a bit faster then ground assaults. I haven't run on pavement but would think they'd wear quick. One side of one tire had to be reglued after running for a bit. But again for the price, brilliant.

They arrived yesterday. Very impressed with how quickly they arrived, 1 week to my door. I'll try them out on astro this weekend :)

20150414_115436_zpsw3mdgsqu.jpg

• Like 1

Just tried a 2s lipo in my brushed storm and the motor was very hot after 2 mins. Would swapping the pinion help at all?

Lower the pinion by a few teeth

Brushed motors were never designed to run on lipo though

Edited by Leo Best

Just tried a 2s lipo in my brushed storm and the motor was very hot after 2 mins. Would swapping the pinion help at all?

When you say it was very hot, did you check the temp with a temp gun or just by hand? A motor can be too hot to comfortably touch and still be well within it's limits