• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

have you read the first post of this thread? anything around 8.5/9t is ideal.

Thanks for quick reply, yes ive looked at the guide you made and also searched but still a little unsure of the best way to go tbh

yes mate loads of people use them, the sc8 esc is very popular.

Thanks for your help,just one last question, as that esc is 120a would my 2s 20-30c not be up to the job?last question i promise

how are people getting on with there firestorm's? looking at getting myself a rc car (had one many years ago(nitro) and fancy getting back into but electric this time and somethiing that can handle some off road abuse.,after looking online it seemed that i kept coming back to this one and seemed to have pretty good reviews.

want something i can bash about thats tough but can also race at a track and it be okay if i decided too,are the firestorm's good for this? are they fairly tough?

any recomended mods? (ive heard tbone or rpm bumper is a good mod to make)

thinking of going for the flux edition for the extra 50 pound or is the brushed version okay? then possibly mod it later to make it faster whats peoples recomendations on this? (i like to tinker but alot of me says just buyer the higher specced model straight off the bat and just enjoy it plus will make for a simpler warranty if anything goes wrong.

many mods for these car's?,also what are the bullets like? seen one for sale with a brushless motor needs radio gear though :

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/193404-hpi-bullet-st-flux/

and can get my hands on a 2wd slash also for about 200 pounds, too many choices!

sorry for all the questions just trying to gain some knowledge and get the car for my needs.

Edited by Mr_Ambrosius

I was in your position this time last year, i had a tamiya toyota celica as a kid and wanted to get another off road rc to get my 5year old nephew into a hobby.

I did lots looking around and setteld on the hpi firestorm mainly thanks to reading this whole thread.

I wanted the flux version for myself but setteld on the brushed version as it was mostly going to be used by a 5yo and all i can say is im very glad i went with the firestorm, i think its a very good strong truck.The first thing  he did with it was run it into sevral concrete bolards at full speed and the only damage was a few scrathes to the body and to this day he or i still havent broken anything.

I am so pleased with it that i have just bought the flux version for myself but i bought second hand and thought i had got a bargain but turns out i hadnt lol,and i had to replace the motor and esc so now i wish i bought the flux new and then i would have the nice 2year warranty so leason learned there.

If i was you i would buy the flux because i think you will soon want the extra power so mite aswell spend that bit more to begin with instead of uprating later and this way you will have hpi 2year warranty if anything should go wrong.

Definatly get the t-bone bumpers and wheelie bar,they are great and will save you breaking parts im sure.They also have a lifetime warranty.

I have them on both my firestorms now,the last set came just last week and cost me

firestorm is a proven basher, all it needs it tbone front/rear wheelie bar, ei would go with the flux stright off and they are fast so it's unlikely you will want to upgrade to anything else. Track wise i would visit your local one and see what they're running as the fs isn't a racer and unlikely they have a 1/10 2wd stadium class. Haven't read good things about the bullet but there's an owners thread on here so have a read of that.

@Mr_Ambrosius, I've had the FS Flux about 3 weeks now and haven't had a single problem with it (even with full speed crashes), it continues to amaze me every time I take it out. As for upgrades, all you'll need is a set TBone's to start off with, even without the wheelie bar, the rear bumper does a good job at keeping the front wheels down.

I've just collected mine from the parcelforce office & its killing me sitting here waiting to pick up the kids before I can get it home to test it!!

I'll need to either solder an xt90 on the ESC or make a connector.