• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

the fs esc has been known to smoke on 3s, fine if you've bought new and covered and warranty otherwise i'd still to 2s. The 'C' rating is the maximum safe DISCHARGE rate of a pack so it's about what your setup draws have a read of this thread http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/21028-lipo-the-big-guide-thread-updated-march-10/

yeah i know mate but you even said what it was in your post lol

Decided to take the plunge and fit the thing, is there a cable extender available? As the cable from the ESC to receiver is far too short. Cheers

For the first proper time since Xmas finally got to take my E FS Flux out for a real proper bash.

Bought off Ebay, its about two years old, stock with T Bone bumper.

Went with my son and his 4wd DHK Optimus 1/8 to a masive all weather empty carpark in Southend which has to be one of the best surfaces to run on...you can run full throttle while turning in huge circles and at the edge is brush land so very little chance of running into damage.

I ran on 3s lipo 2400 mah 30c for the first time (usually on 7.2 Nicads) and at first had real trouble keeping it in a straight line for more than a couple of feet, but after a short while of realising I couldn't just go full bore off the start I was soon away and having massive fun. I was worried I might burn out the ESC so kept bringing it in for a check and cool down but all in all ran perfectly well.

And then I lost drive and it limped home...one of the wheel nuts had come loose resulting in the hub spinning inside the wheel centre and making it round instead of hexagon...game over :death:

Lesson learnt...allways check the wheel nuts are tight before a run.

Next week will be back there and going to build a ramp at work this week, all in all total fun and so pleased it handled the 3s lipo's.

i remember someone on a different forum ran 14mmm hexs but cant remember what they were. If you do change to bigger/heavier wheels/tyres check your temps and gearing. Most people just run the stock hexs and get some different tyres.

Just fitted new servo alturn aas 750 mg . The steering does not return to the centre position when steering releasesd. Also cannot get the car to drive straight have tinkered with settings on controller and end point positions. Any advice most welcome.