• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How essential is changing the fan on Ezrun 60a ESC

Jefferson

as per title, i understand the Ezrun 60a esc quotes that the fan need to be changed if running over 6 cell NIMH, mine are 7 cell (8.4), so i guess i'd need to change the cooling fan

i just wondered how essential this was and if it was completely necessary

pretty much decided on a fusion exceed race @

You won't need to change the fan for 7 cell NiMh I've 3 Ezrun systems and all run fine on 2s lipos (fully charged these are 8.4v) and never had any issues.

so there wouldn't be a need to change the fan then?

if so i reckon thats swung it to Ezrun, just got to decide on 9t or 8.5t for the motor now

reckon only change the fan if using 3s lipo

9t motor is the older version (though highly thought of)

anything ending in .5 is the newer version

If its for your Firestorm go for the 8.5t its got miles more torque for a Stadium Truck, you can bash all day on that mate ;)

Sorry to ask this in your thread, just saves starting a new topic but can you run a 60a ESC running on 2s without the fan?

Space is minimal under the Rat's body and sometimes the fan catches, sounding awful :blush:

Sorry to ask this in your thread, just saves starting a new topic but can you run a 60a ESC running on 2s without the fan?

Space is minimal under the Rat's body and sometimes the fan catches, sounding awful :blush:

no the fan is essential dude ;)

Ran mine for ages with no fan, never gave me any issues. If you're planning on speed runs or gearing it up, then you need the fan, but I wouldn't say it's necessary all the time.

Ran mine for ages with no fan, never gave me any issues. If you're planning on speed runs or gearing it up, then you need the fan, but I wouldn't say it's necessary all the time.

Cheers for that.

It's using the standard gearing and when running properly I'll just be using it for chucking it up and off hills anyway. :D

Thanks for all the advice. I'll order one up then, just checked and gc dint sell the 8.5t so may settle for the 9t after all.

I'll be using stock gearing, I trust pinion will be fine?

Aiming to plumb this in Wednesday with any luck!

I've run them without the fan, and with a fan with no blades (ie a pointless fan) and for 5 min runs at least all is fine.