• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New aluminium parts

MattLoaf

Recently I have started installing new aluminium parts into my RC but getting the screws in is proving a pain. Anything I can do to make it easier?

are you using the screw`s that came with the alloy parts?

if not then they are there wrong ones and you may end up buggering the threads up. try to get some screws that are machine made more threads not like the hpi ones which have less threads made for going into plastic

are you using the screw`s that came with the alloy parts?

if not then they are there wrong ones and you may end up buggering the threads up. try to get some screws that are machine made more threads not like the hpi ones which have less threads made for going into plastic

Both stock and new screws are hard to get in. I have got the new ones in but I'm struggling with the screws that hold the bottom of the suspension on.

as the parts are cheaply mass prodded so often the threads are not cleared using a plug tap after the original thread was cut.the proper way to use a tap is to do a half turn clockwise, then 1/8th anti, to allow burrs to free, and then repeat with a plug tap.

from the off you should fit with the supplied screws

if you started with the stock screws you may have cross threaded

a tap and die set is the way forward here

can you link to the parts?

These but in aluminium.

as the parts are cheaply mass prodded so often the threads are not cleared using a plug tap after the original thread was cut.the proper way to use a tap is to do a half turn clockwise, then 1/8th anti, to allow burrs to free, and then repeat with a plug tap.

I'll look into getting a thread tap then. Also, turns out there was screws with the parts but they are just the same as the stock parts.

EDIT:

Never mind, the supplied screws work fine!

Edited by MattLoaf