• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show Us Your Savvy!

dazzi220

3 minutes ago, ivess3 said:

Don't know and unlikely to find out. Maybe some one else here my be ble to answer that

Yeah it was more a "throw it out there to the savage massive" question really. 

• 3 weeks later...

did hpi ever release the XL F5.9 with the octane style centre tank like they showed off in 2016?  

https://www.rccaraction.com/hpi-rtr-savage-xl-5-9-2-0/

https://www.hpiracing.com/en/article/view/2016013001

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/3-updated-savages-being-shown-by-hpi/

Edited by Jumper

• 2 months later...

Has anyone fitted Traxxas wheels with the Traxxas style hex to their Savvy? I have a set of erevo wheels ready to go on and rather not have to take a dremel to them to run a standard 17mm hex. I'd also like to do away with the crappy hpi flanged wheel nuts and use proper 17mm if possible.

I'm currently running standard hpi 17mm hexes

3 hours ago, Tug said:

I think I'm using HPI hexes, not looked at it in a while. 

Aren't the Traxxas hexes a smaller bore?

All sorted. Traxxas are 17mm with little nubs added to them. Carefully remove the nubs from the wheel using a dremel and you have a standard 17mm hex wheel

7 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

All sorted. Traxxas are 17mm with little nubs added to them. Carefully remove the nubs from the wheel using a dremel and you have a standard 17mm hex wheel

Yeah, I'm familiar with the outer design, but thought the hole in the middle of the hex was smaller? I'm talking about the ally hex, not the wheel. 

Edited by Tug

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't had much time to tinker lately. I have a new motor waiting to drop in and a  leaky diff gasket to replace, then the Savvy will be ready to rock again! I did managed to fit the 17mm hexes and erevo wheels, I even managed to find some time to wrap them in fishing line to stop them turning into pizza cutters :)

IMG_20201021_144454IMG_20201021_144644

The only thing letting this beast down now is the body, I've been running and repairing the same sort course body since I bought it as a nitro. So today I picked this up, it's a Proline Raptor body for a Trx4. Looks like it'll be a great fit! Can't wait to get it painted up :D

IMG_20201023_143958

IMG_20201023_144022

• Like 1

1899834060_savagewheelie2.thumb.png.c4bd1335d63c2caa68fc69068c249a62.png

Sold the nitro savage now. Had a great time with it. New owner was very please with it too. 

Didnt last long before getting another savage though

IMG_20201022_131506.jpg

Managed to pick up this XS SS kit off ebay with a few bits missing, hence lack of rear of the truck missing :P 

• Like 3

IMG_20201027_014711.jpg

IMG_20201027_014721.jpg

Almost done now. Just needs the body.

Got a GCOOL RC 4300KV motor which is a bit rubbish, but it matches the orange. ESC is Arrma BLX100 i got cheap off ebay. Then got a Savox SW0231 MG with the upgraded gears that i used to run in my Xray.

Also have a Surpass Rocket 3900KV 3650 coming from china as i think it will be a better motor than the GCOOL.  

• Like 3