• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Haiboxing marmot

NOFX

Hi guys.I just got a marmot.From what I can make out,it's a clone of the xtm rage.I've only ran it once properly ,seems like a good truck.I've put losi mini monster beetle tyres on it for better ground clearance and traction.Just got my skateboard ramps back from my 5 year old nephew too :) .This is my first post on msuk,I've been running rc's again for about 5 years.I've got a maxx3.3(stripped for spares) MMM'd summit,excellent truck.the marmot and a mini 3d copter,ooh and a micro losi dominator,that needs the wierdo reciever/esc.

Hi.I lost a shock spring holder( well my nephew managed to hit the only rock within literally a mile) rofl.It'sstill running though,can't believe I spent all that cash on the ml$t2.Exotec carbon chassis,rollcage,MIP diff(that lasted 7 feet!!!! ) Wasted about

Hi.I broke a front a arm,the rear camber adjuster'd broken,so I took out the dogbone and ran the truck 3wd.I can normally "control" a crash by blipping the throttle when the appropriate tyre touches down.This time,I blipped the throttle as usual,but the power went to the lightest wheel(no dogbone) so the truck sodded off about 200 ft down the hill and hit a tree,hence the broken A arm.Gonna be trawling the net for replacements/hopups.Any suggestions? :) .Ooh I put a 35A esc and 5200kv on 3s in it after the breakages. :)

Hi guys.Anyone know the pitch of the pinion on the rage?I've fitted a brushless motor & esc in it,but the motor shafts 2mm,the stock one's 2.5 :( Thanks for any tips :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.I ordered some parts today.Should have the micro dominator,maverick Atom,summit & marmot going soon :) .ACE! Getting a selection of spurs & pinions for the atom,a pinion for the marmot,and some 40 wt shock oil for the summit.Can't wait.

Hi.I fitted the zombie tyres onto the marmot rims,GOD! that was a struggle,the rims went a little chewing gummy.don't look too good,but I'm not pretty either ;) .Just waiting for the pinion now :)

Hi.Took the marmot and mmm'd summit out with my lady,her sis,and our nephew.Didn't break ANYTHING :mf_laughbounce: ,that makes a change.Took the heli too,can't control it in the slightest of breezes :no_prv: .

Hi.I ordered some black wheels for the marmot.Some battery doors for the summit,CA glue and 2 pairs of zombie tyres for the marmot.Can't leave anything alone :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...