• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

West Yorkshire bashers NEXT MEET SUNDAY 31st JULY

carlcurtis83

Hey guys,

Looking at setting up a regular bash for those of us local to Horbury (more so the lagoon/bmx track).

The bash spot is Horbury BMX track at the bottom of Forge Lane CLICK ME

Nearest postcode address is:

Forge Lane

Horbury

Wakefield

West Yorkshire

WF4 5EH

horburybashspot.png

horburybashspot1.png

Videos of the spot...

Video of the first WYB

Your Sat Navs will tell you that you have reached your destination around half way down Forge Lane, IT LIES :lol: carry on down and go under the bridge this will lead you into the car park. If you want to park in the field itself then go down Millfield Road and past the warehouses and under the bridge, this will lead you into the field.

There is a local McDonalds about 10 minutes away, or the newsagents which is around 5 minutes away. Toilet facilities.....there are lots of trees :whistling:

I have bashed here plenty of times, I have no trouble with the bmx'ers that go there we respect them, they respect us. There is a flying club there also but they are out of the way and closer to the Charles Street part on the map. There shouldn't be any interference as they are on 35mhz or 2.4ghz.

Looking at holding a bash here pretty soon (ideally a regular one), so if you have a date in mind let me know, if we can get a few dates together then I might poll it and see which date works best.

:good:

Next bash is 31st July

Definites:

carlcurtis83

leem28

Turner Boy

suzi hyper

echo

georgeatos

martleeds

m3lyc

Big V

luckatme

mfp

graxon2001

Nitro Nick + 1

Maybes:

Edited by carlcurtis83

Lol this was my original idea. I only live 10 mins away on bike. It's a very good spot. And yes Ant, that's a pond. It is frequented by fishermen though. The flying club Carl mentioned are the Horbury Helicopter Club. Nice bunch of lads, and they use the other side of the field. We use the side closest to pond. Whenever I have a working car, I'm a regular down there. Again a good spot, and it should be frequented often in my opinion.

Lee.

sounds a good idea carl hopefully ill be able to get to 1 of these :D

and i have an rc that runs spot on 99% of the time :D

Yeah be good mate :)

I forgot about this spot, it's good as long as you don't have a low car. :lol: Had to park a good walk away last time. :(

It's really bad for anything lowered unfortunately, be ok if we could get the holes filled in.

Lol this was my original idea.

Your original idea???

I fail to see that? It's me that put the thread up, I have known about the site since I was about 10 and I frequented there on my bmx when I was a kid. I even helped extend the trails section through the trees when I was still into dirt biking and trails.

I also tried getting a regular thing going last year but with others doing different things and then me and the missus having the baby just not had the time to put anything together. However now the baby is born and things are ok at home it's time to make an effort with it.

I see you made an effort with your attempts??

But yeah all credit has to go to Lee on this as it was his idea :confused:

Yeah be good mate :)

It's really bad for anything lowered unfortunately, be ok if we could get the holes filled in.

Your original idea???

I fail to see that? It's me that put the thread up, I have known about the site since I was about 10 and I frequented there on my bmx when I was a kid. I even helped extend the trails section through the trees when I was still into dirt biking and trails.

I also tried getting a regular thing going last year but with others doing different things and then me and the missus having the baby just not had the time to put anything together. However now the baby is born and things are ok at home it's time to make an effort with it.

I see you made an effort with your attempts??

But yeah all credit has to go to Lee on this as it was his idea :confused:

Sorry you took that the wrong way Carl. I didn't mean that this thread or whatever was my idea, I meant I had the idea last year to have regular bashes down there. And yes I did try to make an effort but it wasn't as often as I had hoped. I hope you have more success. I have also known about the spot since I was a kid, having grown up around here.

Lee.

I don't mind trekking over from Manchester once in a while if the site is good - is it near a train station?

Closest train station is Wakefield Westgate. Then it's quite a ride from there. My house is 1.5 miles away from train station, then it's 2.4 miles to the bash spot, so nearly 4 miles total for you matt. Of course if that's what you want to do, you're more than welcome to meet up with me at my house before we go to spot.

Lee.

id be up for this carl... it will be a few wks before i have my rc's up an running though :confused:

Oh dear, don't sound good mate, what's up with them?

Been thinking about dates and was going to suggest:

Sunday 13th March

OR

Sunday 20th March.

If anyone else has some dates they want to put forward then let me know.

I have also added some videos to the first post so you can see the spot.

Edited by carlcurtis83

Hey guys,

Looking at setting up a regular bash for those of us local to Horbury (more so the lagoon/bmx track).

The bash spot is Horbury BMX track at the bottom of Forge Lane CLICK ME

Nearest postcode address is:

Forge Lane

Horbury

Wakefield

West Yorkshire

WF4 5EH

horburybashspot.png

horburybashspot1.png

Videos of the spot...

Your Sat Navs will tell you that you have reached your destination around half way down Forge Lane, IT LIES :lol: carry on down and go under the bridge this will lead you into the car park. If you want to park in the field itself then go down Millfield Road and past the warehouses and under the bridge, this will lead you into the field.

There is a local McDonalds about 10 minutes away, or the newsagents which is around 5 minutes away. Toilet facilities.....there are lots of trees :whistling:

I have bashed here plenty of times, I have no trouble with the bmx'ers that go there we respect them, they respect us. There is a flying club there also but they are out of the way and closer to the Charles Street part on the map. There shouldn't be any interference as they are on 35mhz or 2.4ghz.

Looking at holding a bash here pretty soon (ideally a regular one), so if you have a date in mind let me know, if we can get a few dates together then I might poll it and see which date works best.

:good:

The good old days , makes me regret selling my Baja lol