• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bashing In Kent

JayAVFC

hi mate not been living in ashford for very long (bout 2 or 3 years) where is the warren?

i know of only 2 decent places in ashford so hoping there are other places (victoria park and a feild behind asda, between newtown and south willesborough)

Yeah the field behind Asda was one of the places I had a look at this morning. Probably great for your 5B - and the jumps look good too, but I'm ultimately looking for some looser ground rather than grass (bit more tail out action, and the debris flying from the wheels makes great pics :D). Will Google for Victoria Park!

The Warren is here

Yeah the field behind Asda was one of the places I had a look at this morning. Probably great for your 5B - and the jumps look good too, but I'm ultimately looking for some looser ground rather than grass (bit more tail out action, and the debris flying from the wheels makes great pics :D). Will Google for Victoria Park!

The Warren is here

it is for the 5b yes, other cars are great, the only reason i use it is i live just up the road, once i get my bike trailer fixed and usable again i can go to vic parks and i will have alook at the warren tomorrow i thinks.

if you do come down to ashford again drop me a pm and i'll see about meeting you :) i rarly have anyone to bash with and it getting boring on my own once again.

it is for the 5b yes, other cars are great, the only reason i use it is i live just up the road, once i get my bike trailer fixed and usable again i can go to vic parks and i will have alook at the warren tomorrow i thinks.

if you do come down to ashford again drop me a pm and i'll see about meeting you :) i rarly have anyone to bash with and it getting boring on my own once again.

Ok cool.. I will say though I haven't been to the Warren for a bit because there's a big load of works going on near the bridge or something which has meant the access road has been closed. I meant to nip in there today and see if it had been cleared, but forgot all about it! The car park would def be a good place for your Slash.. bit small for the 5B tho I reckon - see what you think.

Oh and I love taking pics, so even if I met you down the Asda field with my camera and snapped away while you hooned it up with your 5B that'd suit me as well lol.

never thought of trying the warren in ashford been biking there just never thought of trying it for RC where is this place in boughton? its only 2 mins from my house. ive never seen anyone else using a RC around here before

sussex bash :good: is worth the drive i be going again in 4 weeks time mine was the blue savage x in the pics i come from sittingbourne kent . Me and my mates got a couple places we go 1st one is under the new kings ferry brige fly over lots off room down there 2nd we made is next 2 kemsley mill come off A249 head for the mill then at round about turn left then 1st left turn it a nice litte track with 1 big jump 2nd is just down the road we just started this 1 its got 1 jump and we race 4 savage xs we here every sunday.

Is this where you're on about?

If that is what it looks like it is on the map - i.e. a darn great open dirt space, that looks fantastic!

never thought of trying the warren in ashford been biking there just never thought of trying it for RC where is this place in boughton? its only 2 mins from my house. ive never seen anyone else using a RC around here before

Had a look on Google maps and found the field near the school; couldn't find the sand trap tho.

If someone could post a maps link for where it is, that'd be superb. I'm just down the road in Aylesham.

If you enter 51.279803,0.959029 in google maps it will show the sand pitts ;) and the park is next to Boughton Under Blean & Dunkirk Primary School, :good:

i no boughton rec next to the school but when i was last there it was just grass has it changed? heard they still race electric in the hall there on wednesdays. didnt know about them sand pits i might take a drive when my car is working again

If you enter 51.279803,0.959029 in google maps it will show the sand pitts ;) and the park is next to Boughton Under Blean & Dunkirk Primary School, :good:

You sir, are a God amongst men. That looks like just the sort of place I'm after, and it's just up the road too! Might have to take a drive up there tomorrow with an assortment of vehicles :D

You sir, are a God amongst men. That looks like just the sort of place I'm after, and it's just up the road too! Might have to take a drive up there tomorrow with an assortment of vehicles :D

if i wasnt waiting for my parts i would have joined you but they are out of stock :(

if i wasnt waiting for my parts i would have joined you but they are out of stock :(

Just had a look at the Google street view pics of the place, and it really does look like a fantastic spot for bashing, so I can't imagine it's going to be the only weekend you'll find me there - especially as it's so local.

My only reservation though is the pic has big locks on the gate. Is it privately owned? Not likely to get a bloke in a land rover with a shot gun shouting "Get orf moi laaand" turning up ?

Edited by SteelRat

I've never had anyone say anything or ask me to leave and i use to take my old dirt bike's up there :good:

boughton rec is still the same there is a little bmx track there now but its only small. i'm only 2 mins down the road so its good for me as my kids go to the school so my boy always takes a car or two with him so he can play after school :D

yeah they still race at the hall :good:

Had a quick rekkie over there this morning, and it's quite obvious that it's a favourite play ground for off roaders and dirt bikes, so there's a fair amount of deep tyre ruts everywhere, which make the going a bit rough for my Slash. However, I would imagine once we get some warm sunshine and the sand dries out and is softer, I can see it being an absolutely superb site!

Had a little look on the maps and looks a cool place.. might well try and get over there for a nosy.. once I am mobile again..

yo, sure glad i found this thread by luck me and a mate have recently started out with nitro rc and are getting bored of the eurolink in sittingbourne so just out of courtesy really wanted to say thanks and hope to see some of you guys bashing around in the near future feel free to message me at any time as im sure where up for a meet some place

cheers guys

also while im here im debating on the hpi trophy truggy 4.6 or the pulse 4.6 any suggestions welcome

cheers

Suggestion? Post a thread in the appropriate forum. I'd rather we kept this thread for Kent bash spots given that they're few and far between!

yo, sure glad i found this thread by luck me and a mate have recently started out with nitro rc and are getting bored of the eurolink in sittingbourne so just out of courtesy really wanted to say thanks and hope to see some of you guys bashing around in the near future feel free to message me at any time as im sure where up for a meet some place

cheers guys

Hi and welcome check the (Mote Park Bash (Kent) topic as there is a meet up this sunday :good:

• 1 year later...

Hey guys ive been finding an answer for this for a long time sad.gif

im in kent, isle of sheppy to be precise, im 13 smile.gif

any lads near me wanna meet up and drive some rc's someday would be wicked!

cheers lads smile.gif

I Live in sheppy, we could meet up?

Hi chaps, I'm in ashford also. I don't drive so if I were to meet up with someone it ideally it needs to be within easyish reach of a train station.

@Steelrat hi mate, just wanted to say that if you go deeper into the warren there is an amazing area for bashing anything from 1/10-1/8-1/5 I go there every weekend. If you can't get under the bridge the golf club has an easy access to the other/better side of the warren. It's broke up into 2 bits with a train track running through the middle, 1side (the town center side) is near town center/sainsburys/ashford intl hotel. The other side is by kennington/eureka buisness park (where the cinema and all the fast food restaurants are, we call it little America).

I would be happy to meet anyone by the entrance and show them around the warren. I'm going to look at an old r/c track tonight which was made by a load of kids about 5-7 years back. It's right by the rear/hidden entrance to the warren and is largely over grown but could be cleared easily enough, it was only an oval with jumps but if It's still there I may try to buy the land from the farmer and expand on what's already there. That is a huge IF though.

There are other places to bash all over ashford, there's the old quarry but i wouldn't advise going there in small groups as It's right by chilmington hill-- that's ashford pikey camp and they are perfectly happy to steal peoples stuff.

Also there is king tree woods, also near chilmington hill but It's far enough away that the pikey camp can't hear the nitro/petrol engines.

There is a lovely field around singleton lake, there are hills which are often used as jumps, the ground goes from bumpy to flat and the bumpy bit has what could be considered jumps.

There are so many possible other places around ashford, one near William Harvey hospital, one near Norton knatchbull school. And there are even more around ashfrord I.e. woodchurch, wye, etc. Etc.

I'm always happy to meet up and brake things.

Edited by madMARTYNmarsh