• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*Losi LST & XXL Owners Club*

dtokez

just had a google and they look really smart mate! i bet there are not many around?

I broke a shock tower, and was not even bashing that hard, and an outdrive the same day! will be getting the hd outdrives soon though :)

ah really, the lst does look quite old compared to the 2nd version from photos that I have seen

Hi You LST owners! Need some advice from a lot that most def know more than me about LST Hubs...

I wil just say.. .i am modding LST Hubs to fit on a savage arm... only a bit of sanding required....

ANYWAY

We all know the weak point on the LST is the front plastic spindles... We also know that NEW ERA do the best ones... BUT ALSO CHARGE AN ARM AND A LEG FOR POSTAGE...

So either, if people want to go in on an order from new era and split some postage then awesome, otherwise i have situation...

Im not going to pay $30 for postage so i have found alternatives...

I already have these new era c hubs for the LST 2 http://www.neweramod...kf&part_id=2968

lst403v2s_b.jpg

And i want to fit alloy LST Spindles too.... BUT NOT NEW ERA (expensive postage)

BUT FIRSTLY i need to know if there is a difference in spindles and c hubs from the LST1 and LST2???

These are the SPINDLES i want to run below ... THEY ARE MADE BY HOT RACING

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...c#ht_1435wt_802

Problem is... if you look at this link http://www.hot-racin...r=LST2106;c=160 IT says that they are for an LST1??? does that mean they wont fit on an lst2 C hub?

$(KGrHqMOKi0E0n2hln(iBNYhrKvzGQ~~0_3.JPG

COMPARED TO THE NEW ERA SPINDLES BELOW

lst405v2b_a.jpg

I was looking at dynamite spindles, but they look rubbish compared to both of the above... Dynamite pictured below

DYN7224B-450.jpg

Is there any reason why the Hot racing spindles for and LST1 wouldnt work with the new era c hubs for an LST2???

Do the LST 2 CVDs and bearings work in an LST1 Spindle?

Hopefully someone could please clear this up :)

THANKS

Josh

Edited by Josh1A1H

Question was answered over on RC MOnster... They said NO in short...

Looks like i cannot find a decent alternative Spindle... So New Era it will have to be...

DOES ANYONE NEED ANYTHING FROM NEW ERA? We Can Split the $30 Postage? The more the merrier!!!!!

Link to site

This is what i want

also on another note...

Im looking for some 17mm Hexs and nuts to work with the LST CVD and hubs... does anyone know what would work?

THANKS

just had a google and they look really smart mate! i bet there are not many around?

I broke a shock tower, and was not even bashing that hard, and an outdrive the same day! will be getting the hd outdrives soon though :)

ah really, the lst does look quite old compared to the 2nd version from photos that I have seen

They are smart mate, well worth the investment. I'm pretty sure Chris is running a BAC link and another user on here has them on his 4-5 LST/LST2/XXL's, where I was recommended them.

I hate it when you break something out of the blue like that, I don't mind when it's from landing a big jump or something worthwhile! :good:

Thanks again for all that info mate (over a year ago now lol) :good:

Cheer's ;)

NP fella, I can't believe it's that long ago! :whistling:

Question was answered over on RC MOnster... They said NO in short...

Looks like i cannot find a decent alternative Spindle... So New Era it will have to be...

DOES ANYONE NEED ANYTHING FROM NEW ERA? We Can Split the $30 Postage? The more the merrier!!!!!

Link to site

This is what i want

also on another note...

Im looking for some 17mm Hexs and nuts to work with the LST CVD and hubs... does anyone know what would work?

THANKS

Josh are you sure that's the case?

I just tested an LST(1) spindle in an LST2 carrier and they're not a perfect fit but they do fit, specifically there is a small gap of around a mm at the top and bottom between the spindle and the carrier, I can't really tell like this if there would be any steering loss as the LST2 carriers are far larger than the LST(1)'s.

Here's a picture of them side by side, not sure if you'll see what's what from the pictures.

IMG_20110223_202837.jpg

Above picture- The right is the LST(1) set up, LST top and bottom A-Arms, Carrier and Spindle and on the left are LST2 top and bottom A-Arms and carrier with an LST(1) Spindle?

IMG_20110223_205132.jpg

Above picture- Close up of the LST2 top and bottom A-Arms, Carrier and LST(1) Spindle.

Any good?

If it helps and you want the LST(1) spindles and/or carriers for testing mate you can have them for the price of postage, I won't be using them. ;)

Edited by JayJ

Thanks Ahmet, will be the nuts once it's finished but that's why I haven't been around as much lately; lack of funds! :whistling:

I have some other parts in my RC cupboard like a BAC link and Sway Bars but The Dude parts and BL Combo is where it's really going to hurt my pocket! :( I just don't have the heart to sell any of my trucks, MMB doesn't really get used but it's worth naff all and I couldn't sell the ERBE, MERV, LST2 or the Muggy! :whistling:

They are smart mate, well worth the investment. I'm pretty sure Chris is running a BAC link and another user on here has them on his 4-5 LST/LST2/XXL's, where I was recommended them.

I hate it when you break something out of the blue like that, I don't mind when it's from landing a big jump or something worthwhile! :good:

NP fella, I can't believe it's that long ago! :whistling:

Yeah I'm running BAC link - more throw and beefier than stock.

Yeah Long time ago lol

Sweet looking muggy

That is an impressivve offset! Truck looks awesome too! love the low stance!

Could you please link me to those hexs you have please... but do they do 17mm versions???

and Jayjay! Thanks for the images and your detailed reply! Very useful... i have bought the new era hubs now, so no worries... but it shows i could have got the LST hubs instead...

Thanks

Josh i got some old LST1 hubs you can try out?

And Jay it is gonna be a beast when finished! I think i might have to widen my lst2 aswell, the big bearings in the hubs are complete pap though. Used to go quite often on my LST2 so i went with BOCA orange seal bearings inside and been fine since!

@Josh

NP problem with the pictures and stuff, your welcome. I was going to reply earlier today but wanted to check before posting so as not to make a d!ck of myself. ;)

As regards to the PL 23mm Extended Hex's, I can't help with a link because I bought them last year from another MSUK member. I don't think PL do a 17mm version though and they are discontinued but Google is your friend.

The low stance comes from using the Muggy shock towers, shocks and shock mounts. I think it looks evil but will look even better when I get around to finishing it. :good:

Thanks fella!

:crybaby: :crybaby:

Aarrgghh, I don't get paid until March 4th........

....................hope there's some left.... :unsure:

Or maybe I'll sell something from my FS thread. dry.gif

Contact him and tell him I sent you :good:, and ask him to put one aside..he's putting his costs up after this batch of 30 mounts..postage is low and he makes sure theres no cutoms charges ;)

Chris you love making people spend money don' ya :lol: joking bud :)

:P ..dont know what you mean Ahmet :whistling:

@ Ahmet

I don't know if I could rip the guts out of the ERBE, that build was a financial compromise at best.

And do you got a link for the BOCA bearings please mate?

@ Chris

Thanks mate, I'll do that!

Did you contact him through his site or the LST Forums?

@ Joe

If no one else wants them I'll take them as I have a few sets if 40's sitting around! ;-)

Swyped from my ZDZ Froyo X10i

Edited by JayJ