• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*Losi LST & XXL Owners Club*

dtokez

I think the RC Raven Springs have arrived guys?

I'm not 100% sure as I'm at work but GF just told me FedEx delivered a parcel and I'm pretty sure the shipping email from RC Raven had a FedEx Tracking Number.

Now that was very quick if it is them.

With post confirmation tonight if it is and hopefully post out to everyone tomorrow! :good:

well just bought another lst as my first one i sold to nosmonkey and have regreted it since and the second one i killed big time :lol: theres not many people can say they have snapped a losi lst 2 clean in half. so thought as the price was right for the truck i bit the bullet and bought another one i will put some pics up later :good: fairly bog standard though but soon wont be ;)

cheers kevin

this was my second one :whistling: i killed

DSCF0654.jpg

DSCF0655.jpg

Edited by KYOSHOKEV

well just bought another lst as my first one i sold to nosmonkey and have regreted it since and the second one i killed big time :lol: theres not many people can say they have snapped a losi lst 2 clean in half. so thought as the price was right for the truck i bit the bullet and bought another one i will put some pics up later :good: fairly bog standard though but soon wont be ;)

cheers kevin

this was my second one :whistling: i killed

DSCF0654.jpg

DSCF0655.jpg

~LOL @ the shell been on the front end!

wow that must have a been a mighty smash up to do that to the LST :o, on another note i finally got my TD conversion , better late than never , now i can begin stripping the lst down , but i still need the FOC and pinion gear , aswell as other bits, but its taking a while to change my address in paypal :confused: so no orders can commence just yet

wow that must have a been a mighty smash up to do that to the LST :o, on another note i finally got my TD conversion , better late than never , now i can begin stripping the lst down , but i still need the FOC and pinion gear , aswell as other bits, but its taking a while to change my address in paypal :confused: so no orders can commence just yet

Sounds good sonik, glad the dudes stuff arrived, my conversion is completely finished, just waiting on my LiPos', the tracker said that they were posted to the uk from germany this morning, cant wait much loger, am itching to get it going. What LiPo's and gearing you going to be running?

Oh and dont forget to keep us posted with pictures throughout the build! :P

Hi guys i have a quick question for you as you know i bought a second hand lst it was all running well last night but developed a problem under braking it makes a horible clicking noise as if the front diff is slipping but had the diff out last night and it all seems spot on no worn cogs or anything so put it back together and treid it today and still doing the same.

would changing the plastic diff casing to alloy like the lst2 has make a differance and any ides what the problem could be ???

cheers kevin

Kev, the plastic diff cases are known to flex and could be the problem.

When you removed the diffs was the diff shimmed? There should be a shim between the bearing and the outer case on the opposite side to the diff ring, this is to force the mesh between the ring and pinion. Being the cases are plastic you may need more than one shim as when the cases flex the shim will become useless.

Also did you open the actual diff and inspect the internal gears and the diff pins? These can also be a problem in the LST series diffs.

Finally, check the grubs screws in the centre CVD's. Both the tranny and diff outdrive ends.

EDIT- My LST2 was clicking and it turned out to be an outdrive had snapped.

Edited by JayJ