• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*Losi LST & XXL Owners Club*

dtokez

My thinking is when putting a lot of power through the diff., you're forcing the gears against each other.

If the cup is a little flexible, which the plastic COULD BE, then it might cause the gears to skip from time to time, which could prematurely wear or even chip them.

Basically I think this is one area that needs to be as strong as possible.

Al.

• Like 1

Didn't click on the link before... That is an excellent price for two. 

If that was the price for one, not sure if I would pay the extra as the HD ones have more than stood up to what I do to my RC! 

But at that price I would definitely get a set next time! 

• Like 1

Don't forget the Associated MGT servo saver springs - stronger than the Losi ones.

I put a total of 846 oz in torque through my Raminator - 2x 423 oz in servos - and they just turned the savers not the wheels!

Fine now.

Al.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, supersavage said:

Thanks they'll be ordered Monday as my servo saver springs are terrible.

If I remember, they come as part of the complete servo saver.

Don't worry, not expensive.

Do some Googling, as Associated seem to have known about this and have developed it for different servos, so check the one you get has the correct teeth count for your servos.

Al.

• Like 1

Went to the park with the LST to Test the new diff cases and oils, handles much better and discovered that I can now drive it on 2 wheels which was fun until I noticed that it was at the cost of my tyres. It also becomes extremely "twitchy" after going over rough ground at high speed but I think thats due to the poor stock servo saver springs. But first impressions are very good :)

Has anyone good wheel and tyre combo recommendations? I have the Losi 17mm hex conversion already so that shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by supersavage

ordered 1 pair of alloy cases off innovative late yesterday and they came today, sorry if this has been asked already but front and rear diff oils? my xxle is all standard and i run a 5s battery, thanks

Edited by just rolling