• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*Losi LST & XXL Owners Club*

dtokez

1 hour ago, Carpmart said:

Irresponsible behavour with its just rewards! :) 

Other than that poor attempt at humour, all I've got to say is bugger!  You'll have to get the 5ive out again now, or harvest parts! :D 

Lol It started with "watch this". I harvested parts from the XXL I got from you so it was back together within 30mins or so and is ready to go. However I'll be ordering some bits from America tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

LST2 specification truck, now brushless, originally a basic Raminator.

It's powered 2x 3S Nanotech 65-130C 5Ah in series into a CC XL2 with CC U-BEC into a 1717.

It weighs a ton, despite the carbon chassis.

The 'realistic look' alloy wheels have MGT tyres on them - work quite well but would have preferred wider chevron tyres.

Original Raminator wheels, cage removed, electrics installed - batteries split, one at the front for distribution - wheelies too much with standard Losi set-up. Very stable now.

E-Ram%202013%2011%2015-07_zps3xv5bvlg.jp

Driver in place, cage replaced.

E-Ram%202013%2011%2022%2002_zpsw4qjejn3.

Alloys as they arrived - style with the slot in the back to rest on the pin - no hex.

Ram%20-%2020150811-01_zpsyiq56gaa.jpg

Alloys removed, painted, re-mounted - last week,

20160904%20-%20Raminator%20Wheels%2004_z

Bodyshell replaced. (Paint on the superglue on the rears I've painted over with black - not perfect but much better now.)

20160904%20-%20Raminator%20Wheels%2005_z

Hope you liked it.

Al.

Edited by atom3624
  • Like 2

Thanks.

Just took a couple of 'latest, latest' photos, with the yellow tidied up a little over the tyres.

Hardcore Racing titanium skid plates.

Flextek alloy gear cover and radio box.

St.%20Helens-20160907-00762_zpssmrnlp1r.

St.%20Helens-20160907-00761_zps74la9ces.

Al.

Edited by atom3624
  • Like 2

All I remember is that it's the smallest TiNi coated Losi spur and ~30-32t pinion - about 2:1 at the spur / pinion.

The standard Raminator chevrons were no longer available when I found the alloys - I have quite a 'collection' of spare original complete Raminator wheels so could have steamed off a set I suppose. These used to swell a little - old nitro trait of front going light is better with the front battery BL conversion.

Haven't had a chance to really open her up with the alloys - might be a little more stable, and MGT tyres seem pretty decent. Balloon I don't think so, but they do swell a little.

It all 'happened' after I moved house - previously I used to run in front of the house, now I have to go to a local park - little time with the little'uns - for now.

I know it's a lot easier to charge up, plug in, then run, but it's lost a lot of 'character' from when it was nitro - last motor before this was an LRP ZR32 Spec2 - decent motor!!

Al.

Nice job!!

Wheels are nice as well.

I noticed that once running, it's easily one of the best MT's out there, handling is great, ride too. I could happily stay out a long time!!

Problem is the shocks - I found they've been near-perfect once I put the 'socks' on - might be something you'd want to consider.

Al.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, atom3624 said:

Nice job!!

Wheels are nice as well.

I noticed that once running, it's easily one of the best MT's out there, handling is great, ride too. I could happily stay out a long time!!

Problem is the shocks - I found they've been near-perfect once I put the 'socks' on - might be something you'd want to consider.

Al.

Thanks.

Have to agree on handling and ride it's great.

Mine haven't been too bad but I haven't exactly run it much but I'll definitely get some socks.

I'll go and count the teeth now. It is the biggest pinion I could get on and have a bigger Delrin one I couldn't quite get to fit (without modification).

Don't think I did any modifying - it's 2-3 years since, or as one of our colleague's says 'I've slept since then'!

The count is .... 34t !!

Could explain why it flies!! It is faster than it went with the LRP, but not THAT much faster.

Al.

53 minutes ago, The Hound said:

love the rammstien body, did you get it like that ?

oh and Atom, did you have to mod the mount slots to get a 32t pinny on ? mine is squeezed up against the batt tray.

Nope I painted it, everything is paint apart from the lights.

My lad managed to land the xxl-2e so hard on its rear yesterday that the batteries came flying out, I hate that battery box and straps. I thought I had them nice and secure. No Damage to the car though :D.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, supersavage said:

Do you guys run grease or oil in your diffs?

You need to run oil in , as this affects how the diff works.

heavier oil will limit the amount the diff allows the wheels to turn at different speeds.

so you can sort of influence how well the truck steers under power or gets a tail slide on 

• Like 1