• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Long Term Savage 2350 Project

Kpowell911

As Some of you may now, I'm having issues with my VE8, its going to need around another £150 spending on it, So for now project is on hold, But, Its going to be a it better than before hen I Get round to it.

A hint is.....

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/car/item/HPI-87464-Shock-Set-For-HPI-Baja-5B-Front-2Pcs__8bc/

http://www.rccoh.com/rc.how-to/savage.5b.shockmod.html

Edited by Guns

honestly 5b shocks are more looks then use unless u seriously intend to abuse this savage with air time, they will be too stiff even with light oil to allow the truck to lean and absorb bumps. I reckon theyl just make it worse to drive

Abuse? Me? I was saying in a PM earlier to someone, I hardly use the things, Abuse to my R/C's is been used on a grass bank lol!

But thanks for the advice :)

Edited by Guns

ah i shall keep an eye on this, their are many things i want too do to the flux now the revo has gone, i want a nive reliable fun truck! guns if you get a min and can remember let me know what gears in the gearbox you changed and what ones i should still do. I will eventually get the time too pull out the gearbox and update the case for the newer one etc.

Also you linked too some shells for a sav i keep hearing, my shells battered and id like a few cheapish ones to bash with as the flux just eats them!

i also want a stiffer servo saver spring as my steering can be a little sloppy, i can do fun but i mean this can weave one way then the over lol

I honestly cant remember what gears I used, I know there was the Flux Idler, and I THINK the HD 18-23 gear,

That would leave the titanium Layshaft and one other gear which im not sure you can replace.

The centre Transmission case isnt cheap :(

I honestly cant remember what gears I used, I know there was the Flux Idler, and I THINK the HD 18-23 gear,

That would leave the titanium Layshaft and one other gear which im not sure you can replace.

The centre Transmission case isnt cheap :(

il try and nab one off usa ebay from a breakers!

you will have to pay full whack for them as they are hop ups not stock parts :confused:

He means the centre case.

Basically on the old savage, it was a 2 piece case, meaning to get to the gears, you had to remove the whole centre transmission from the TVP's a massive job.

On the Flux and X, you have a 3 piece centre box, which you can take the top off to check your gears. He wants this as I converted an old savage.

Kris:

Edited by Guns

TCS Still not sorted so buying this

http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Includes the axles too :)

Annoying isnt it mate, ive also been on that site and was going to get it but they are only 3mm 0.5mm thinker than standard so i thought if i do get the extented TVP's i will hold out for the TCS ones as they are 5mm.

Good Luck.

Thanks Darren.

Anyone know where I can get Integy Tie Rod Deletes or a similar product in the UK?

Yep as Carmst says its a US only part.I have looked over here before when i wanted some for my xl but there wasnt any anywhere over here :confused: