• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

savage spur gear on rush evo

mixmasterjay

Hi does anyone know what size (how many teeth) fits the rush evo i have a 49 tooth steel savage spur and a 15t vented steel clutch bell and the pur is about 6mm off fromm even touching teeth ,can you get one near enough the same as the original 56t rush spur ? as this setup is perfect and quite high top end and aggressive acceleration on my car at the mo so i dont want to change the gearing if poss too much and i don't want the hassle of waiting 6 weeks for a rush spur gear everytime i order one (which has happened both times i have ordered) A 52 tooth savage spur only just meshes too

if someone can help that would be great

thankyou

jay

looking at the center of it i would say no it wouldn't fit but with a little modding it might , but i dont want to go down that route with something like that if i can help it, i already have a 15t clutch bell on i think it will bog it down at set off if i get a larger one plus they cost more lol this one cost me 18 without bearings lol

http://www.hpieurope...en&partNo=82019,

Edited by mixmasterjay

Righto matey I'm running savage spur gears and clutchbells on my Rush project :good:

First thing to sort out is the plastic slipper clutch holder, you need the aluminium HPI hop up part as the plastic one just melts :lol:

I'm currently running any one of these combinations

13T Ansmann racing clutchbell on a 52T Savage spur gear - Really loose mesh but it runs and runs faster than standard

14T Ansmann racing clutchbell on a 52T Savage spur gear - Same as above but better mesh and faster

15T Ansmann racing clutchbell on a 52T Savage spur gear - Same as above but better mesh and faster still

And a really daft combo but it goes like stink :good:

19T clutchbell and 49T Savage spur gear - You deffo need the alloy slipper clutch mount for this and the acceleration is not as slow as you would think but the top end is mighty rapid B):lol:

I'm running all these on the standard T15 but it has:

Polished and ported crank, polished ports, dynamite exhaust manifold, Vantage Racing carbon fiber Revo 3.3 Resonator pipe, RB Gold No.4 plug and 20% Tornado fuel and motor saver air filter

Goes really well when it holds a tune :lol:

Edited by Dirty Electro

aye up mate

bloodyhell thats quite an intensive overhaul lol , well the setup ive got now (56t spur 15t racing vented steel clutch bell) is awesome it really flies it donuts on dry tarmac,spins up and really accelarates quite aggressivly and quite a high topend its mental lol ive got a 52t spur but i cant get it to mesh hardly its only just touching teeth lol (now stripped the ends lol)

a alley slipper clutch holder is in the pipe line but struglingt to get one at the mo hpi didn't have any a couple of weeks ago

Hi Fella

You should see the rest of it, the only standard parts are the chassis and suspension arms, everything else has been modified :lol: it took months to get all the parts as hardly anybody does them anymore, she's an oldgirl now :lol:

HPI dont make the alloy slipper clutch holder anymore :( i got lucky and found a place with a load of genuine HPI upgrades and bought the lot :D

If I find one I'll let you know mate.

Wait till you try the 19T pinion and 49T spur, the top end is barking mad, especially if you tune it up like I've done :good:

Get a Revo pipe for it, miles better than anything else on the market is anywhere as good, I've got one if you want it, refurbed and sprayed in aluminium high temp paint. It's spare now I've got my Vantage carbon fiber pipe :P

Gonna post up pictures and specs as soon as I've finished stickering up the Silverado bodyshell and when my mate gets his ass into gear and photo's it :lol:

Edited by Dirty Electro

yours sounds well cool mate can't wait for the pics , i might try and find a cheap 19t clutchbell then and give it a whirl lol , ive been looking for a uprated exhaust but there isn't really that many or am i just looking in the wrong place with stick on eyes lol , how much do you want for the exhaust?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=24121

This is the clutchbell I'm using as I knew it would mesh with the Savage spur gear :good: It's worth the money as it will last and when the Rush gives up the ghost you can use it on a 1/8th buggy like a Hyper etc :D

I'm fitting a .21 into the Rush next, got the engine I'm just waiting for the mounts to be made.

You can have the pipe for a tenner posted :good:

PM me with your details fella

i was going to put a 21 in mine but i could never find one for the right price whenever i had the money and when i didn't they all came at once just like busses lol

i will have the exhaust off you but i can't yet im skint (yet again) but turb asked about my rush roller so hopefully he will buy that then i can get it plus a new T-15 ive been offered for 20 (the engine bolt holes have stripped bigtime on mine)

When i've done the .21 conversion on mine you can have my T15 as well as the pipe if you want, it works just fine, run in properly and has the tuning mods done to it so good fun, match it up to the revo pipe and away you go :good:

40 quid posted the lot??

Should be doing this by PM really, sorry Mods :blush: