• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Sakura d3 cs

Jokr90

Okay so I've got a d3 arriving soon and want a nice Body shell to put on it, does anyone know of any painted uncut body shells that would fit, like definitely fit, or any unpainted that would 100% fit

Would love a link please

Thanks

Gotta watch the front fitted motor fouling some low bonnet shells, tamiya rx7 for example I think fouls,

I've had fitted to my d3 Tamiya's R34, e30, dlike s14, pandora impreza, speedway pal lexus 460,

So a bit of a variety.

yeah i wanted the rx7 its my favourite car by far also wanted the 67 mustang but id have to take the front bumper off :-/

erm yeah thanks for the info anyway,

i dont know if you could help me but ive noticed a groove on the front belt like somethings digging into it and ive noticed a few fibres

ive literally had it in the house on laminate, its also seriously tight, like no play whatsoever ???

i dont wanna use it incase i snap the belt as i have no idea how to change it etc im new to this car,

theres nothing in the manual to help with this which i think should be ammended,

thanks if anyone can help and thanks for the previous info

very helpful, i think im gonna go with a matrixline carbon printed shell, not sure on what car though,

i want a semi printed shell but no logo's etc i wanna do that myself.

again thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, I ended up getting the hpi mustang painted green and got decals comin soon, perfect fit wheelbase wise, only thing is it was pre drilled :-/

I wanted painted but in drilled as I'm gettin stealth mounts so there goes my no holes she'll :-/

Oh and as a bit more info I was swapping out the top deck and one of the screws holding the pulleys stripped with a new Allan key driver, now I have to wait for the screw extractor to turn up to hopefully get it out, I just hope the bit itself fits through the hole in the chassis to get to the screw, damn fiddly bugger !

Erm does anybody know why my rear right wheel is clicking ?

And the suspension is hard on full soft ?

When I push suspension up it also clicks and I can feel something giving as it clicks ?!?!?

Thanks, I actualy done that yesterday and sorted it out :-)

But thanks anyway :-)

I'm still waiting for my stealth mounts and was impatient and just drilled my shell, as it was painted and drilled when I bought it I was like **** it, so I'm gonna get a new she'll at some point for my mounts,

Don't know if I should spray myself as I dont know how to get a decent spray job myself,

So I might pay a bit more an get a custom painted shell, only thing is would be getting one with the wheels uncut