• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC Caravan Racing

RCMonkee

Ok, so having an event this weekend at my local track. Two day event, 3hrs each day,  endurance 'off road' race. Teams of 4 try to get the most laps over the two days.
But the thing i always wanted to try for a laugh was make and race some caravans and they have decided to do it after the endurance :thumbsup:

Thought i would share my caravan and maybe some photo's, video of the event after the weekend.
Im no expert model maker as you will see but its more about having a bit of fun so don't be too harsh on me!

Be interesting to see what the other guys at the club have come up with. everybody is being very hush hush about it!

imag1249e.jpg
imag1277p.jpg
imag1272w.jpg
imag1273.jpg

imag1271.jpg
imag1278i.jpg

Not sure what to tow it with yet?
Hyper ST, 1/8 Buggy or 4wd Short Course? Maybe Slash 4x4 with Pro-line beetle shell :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Our club had a caravan race a while ago. My caravan had a very low-slung chassis made from aluminium strip, holding a pair of TT01 rear hubs/bearings/axles. It was basically just a T, with a wheel at each end of the crosspiece, and a towhitch at the bottom end of the upright. The caravan body was made from paper, which I printed with the window, door and light details, then laminated and assembled using double-sided photo-mounting tape. I wish I still had a photo of it - it performed brilliantly and looked quite good until it was driven over by another competitor! :)

Edited by XV Pilot

Nitro destruction derby on youtube has planned out my evening perfectly! Nitro caravans sounds like a right giggle, i used to do Mardave bangers and that was excelent fun, I didnt do caravans but I did do a DD on the figure8 with 60 odd cars. I kept loosing my car on track, it was absolute chaos!

It survived!  Handled alot better than expected as i didn't test it or anything. Cable tied it on but they snapped so using wire for tomorrow.

Caravan comes off at @ 1:30....back on  @ 4:25

imag1314.jpg
imag1318m.jpg
imag1316q.jpg
imag1317w.jpg

• Like 1