• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dji phantom 3 standard first flight

sean-vrs

24 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

That's neat Sean... I've still not got one :(

How was the initial set up and such?

Very easy, just follow the instructions on the app turning the quad through 360 twice and your done, I thought I was happy with the cheerson but this is a different level, and easy to use

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

Very easy, just follow the instructions on the app turning the quad through 360 twice and your done, I thought I was happy with the cheerson but this is a different level, and easy to use

so the calibration on this is much hassle-free than the cheerson?

i remember when i calibrated the cheerson, i had to turn it in all angles for quite awhile.

Just now, froggy8 said:

so the calibration on this is much hassle-free than the cheerson?

i remember when i calibrated the cheerson, i had to turn it in all angles for quite awhile.

yes its less fussy, just open up the app on your phone/tablet and in lass than 5 mins your flying!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

yes its less fussy, just open up the app on your phone/tablet and in lass than 5 mins your flying!

cheers mate, what do you think to the fc40? they seem much cheaper than the phantom 2 and 3.

14 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

cheers mate, what do you think to the fc40? they seem much cheaper than the phantom 2 and 3.

http://drones.specout.com/compare/21-44/DJI-Phantom-FC40-vs-DJI-Phantom-3-Standard

i went for the 3 as i wanted the better camera and flight time, also due to being bigger its better in high winds and 10-15 mph faster, as for price i got mine from jessops in the black friday sale for £399

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

And anothere here

http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom

my phantom 3 will hopefully be for sale soon to fund a pro4 purchase