• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Engines

scottynapalm

Yes, amazing little engine!!!! Know a guy that's been running one for a while now and not a single issue with it...... Plating is still perfect.

I think there's a thread over on the Baja Forums too about these where a guy has rinsed the hell out of his SCZ and he has nothing but praise for it!!

Mmm nice textured plating :P

296 is the best I just found on dgi he also has them running on his youtube channel so could be affiliated to it so I won't take his word lol.  9hp is tho that's about as high as it gets isn't it. Hopfully someone gets one on rolling road or whatever to print out its results compared to a standard 29cc zenhoa upto a full mod 29cc so we can see the stats. They could have just made out its 9hp the video didn't seem spectacular but it was a wet winter video and it spun out faster than most almost a 520°

They did go through a very bad run at the start but things are sorted now.

If you add Baja Cars on Facebook and speak to the guy who runs it, his name is Adam, he'll sell you the engine for £280.

But it still needs a carb ( They don't need a special carb either BTW, WT-990 works perfect ) and clutch.

Friend has one in his Losi 5ive and it continuously hits over 19,000rpm which is no easy task when pulling ~19kg of RC around.

I can tell you that it is a damn powerful little engine, easily up there with the big OBR's!!!

Edited by scatteh316

The photos above are originally from LSD or HBF forum, and the bloke that had that engine didn't even run the engine in WOT doing burn outs right from the off lol never missed a beat.

Not sure what the black is but that was back in early 2014, the research I did I never found one to have any running problems just the castings appearance.

The genuine BZM is not all that good of a casting and castings generally don't look to smart anyway, quite a few have these motors now though but yet no bad reports to my knowledge.

7 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

Can you elaborate a little more Arron?

What do you want to know... 

Put it this way for £280 it's the best engine I've ever had tons of power high revving. 

They em say it's pushing 9hp but I can't see it but it's got power all round.. 

I will post some videos soon when I get time. 

It's almost the same as a bzm and I believe parts are compatable with the scz engine. 

Excuse the pun, but this post is very topical for me as I pushed the button and paid for one on Wed. Unfortuntely for me it cost more than £280 (but its UK, so no extra VAT or duty as might happen if buying from outside the EU).

Personally I dont do shelf queens so not fussed about the cosmetic blemishes in the casting (I may end up spraying the casting if it looks really bad ;) )

Spares seem to be readily available, so deffo worth a punt.

Probably going to mount it in a 5ive T, replacing a stock motor. Not looking for Max top speed, just something revvy and more powerful than stock. The SCZ 29 on paper looks to tick all the boxes for me.

Oh, I will be fitting a WT-1048 carb as this engine needs a lot of air when running WOT :)

Hey bunny thanks for stepping up I hope you give us all a running commentary on you're experience the good and bad no matter what. 

Some guys only talk good about unknown products because it's easier than saying you wasted money I doubt that'll be the case here usually rtr cheap rcs people make them out to be traxxas or losi killers when really ther sub ansmann or actually an ansmann lol. 

It's alot of money £300 for an engine for sure. I hope it turns out to be a great experience. Have you owned many engines tuned or standard upgrade ones like zenhoa 27cc ect. 

Excuse the pun, but this post is very topical for me as I pushed the button and paid for one on Wed. Unfortuntely for me it cost more than £280 (but its UK, so no extra VAT or duty as might happen if buying from outside the EU).

Personally I dont do shelf queens so not fussed about the cosmetic blemishes in the casting (I may end up spraying the casting if it looks really bad [emoji6] )

Spares seem to be readily available, so deffo worth a punt.

Probably going to mount it in a 5ive T, replacing a stock motor. Not looking for Max top speed, just something revvy and more powerful than stock. The SCZ 29 on paper looks to tick all the boxes for me.

Oh, I will be fitting a WT-1048 carb as this engine needs a lot of air when running WOT [emoji4]

Not sure where people say the casings are bad, might have been a year or so ago but mine deffo looked no worse than this and yep this is BZM.

be18d35c50eeb334571a38ec23971ca7.jpg

de87ce8c5b4fc22d7931fa278dd57067.jpg

1e0edf08872a6481f66f6373ff06e15f.jpg

c2e4d5d3ad2426514547e7389e1aac41.jpg

SCZ

3f3d08fbc8d048da04e903a17108829d.jpg

56d323dc74b76e9b128d27759efdec07.jpg

1fda948f4d82e887057a1966f6d37493.jpg

d040cdca15ccc9d6003c6c5196d3e128.jpg

f3757acf7f24cd12c4d8472ab2d106fa.jpg

I have nothing against the BZM I was just about to pull the plug and buy one, but buying a BZM then having to fit SCZ parts later on down the line made no sense in paying more than double for what later would have been a SCZ :)

You'd expect better for £600 plus Mark and soon to be paper wights so it wants to look the part, maybe a one off but the SCZ pic early on was a one off but that engine ran just fine.

But also the first BZM pic left head bolt looks like the start of a crack, that engine is brand new and not seen any fuel [emoji22]

• Like 1