• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Track Design

HUNTER.P

Follwing on from the previous thread, I decided to take my ideas to the max. I knew I was good with CAD Software [solidworks] I decided to have a go with google sketchup

Here are the results:

Overhead View

1.jpg

Birds Eye View

3.jpg

View From Race Control

4.jpg

Race Control/Rostrum and Pit Lane

5.jpg

The View From the Rostrum [Drivers Area]

6.jpg

The View From the Rostrum [Drivers Area]

7.jpg

View From Far Corner

9.jpg

It messed up a wee bit when doing the piping thats why some of its black, it wont render properly!!

Let me know what you think!good.gif

looks good :good:

from the experience of making my own track though i would say its a bit too wide, i dont know if your planning to make a real version or not but if you did people may find it hard to see their car well enough over the far side of the track

you also have to watch out for things like the flyover blocking the view for small jump at the back of the track

I do maybe hope to build a track someday to maybe start a club but thats a good few years away.

I know the tracks not perfect and after doing it all I would decrease th width of it [the track sits at 2.5m wide at the moment]. As for the ramps and stuff they arent perfect either but I did it too see what it would turn out like!

Thanks for the opinion thoughgood.gif

How wide are rc tracks normally I took a wild guess but obviously i am wrong

Edited by HUNTER.P

Off-road tracks tend to be 4-5m wide for 1/10th-1/8th racing.

I've done a lot of tracks for local clubs, yours looks great but the crossover is too far from the rostrum, and you won't be able to see the apex of the corner behind it. :good:

that looks awesome ,a really thoughrough design! How long did it take?

Thanks

Once I learnt how to use the thing, didnt take me that long maybe 2 or more hours, but compared to my normal CAD work that is quite short, I usually spend days doing other stuff.

Edited by HUNTER.P