• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

I strapped a second lipo onto the battery strap using velcro it is very secure. You do have to loosen the slipper clutch a bit to keep control or it will want to do backflips.

Edited by Apexx

A couple of days a go I put my Orion Vortex 8 system brushless system in my firestorm and now it cant stay on it's wheels. So far I have stripped 2 spur gears in 10 minutes but the biggest thing is I'm running 4s lipo XD i have ordered a e revo spur 32pitch so then hopefully I won't be going though so many spurs. I will get some videos uploaded tomorrow. :thumbsup: Also the power is so immense I actually melted the inside my wheels and my slipper clutch nut was steaming.

i would like to see that

please

Edited by forbs

A couple of days a go I put my Orion Vortex 8 system brushless system in my firestorm and now it cant stay on it's wheels. So far I have stripped 2 spur gears in 10 minutes but the biggest thing is I'm running 4s lipo XD i have ordered a e revo spur 32pitch so then hopefully I won't be going though so many spurs. I will get some videos uploaded tomorrow. :thumbsup: Also the power is so immense I actually melted the inside my wheels and my slipper clutch nut was steaming.

what kv is the motor? 4s is a bit excessive TBH no point having all that power if all it does is just strips and breaks things.

what kv is the motor? 4s is a bit excessive TBH no point having all that power if all it does is just strips and breaks things.

it is a 2050kv

Just a quick question:

I was cleaning my Firestorm up yesterday after a good afternoons bashing down the park. When I was cleaning the front end up, I noticed that the front wheels have about 2-3 degrees of left/right play before any resistance from the servo.

I don't remember it being like this before. Maybe I just didn't notice. Is this normal? Is anyone else's like this? If not, what can I do to fix it?

:)

Edited by Stalker

Just a quick question:

I was cleaning my Firestorm up yesterday after a good afternoons bashing down the park. When I was cleaning the front end up, I noticed that the front wheels have about 2-3 degrees of left/right play before any resistance from the servo.

I don't remember it being like this before. Maybe I just didn't notice. Is this normal? Is anyone else's like this? If not, what can I do to fix it?

:)

Mine does that too, so I'd say its normal - probably a good thing anyway, will stop all of the shocks of small bumps being transferred straight to the servo.

Hi MattB+

Turn firestorms upside down, turn wheels left

see the little screw?

take it out, put on a drop of blue threadlock and tighten up, just snugg.

turn wheels right and repeat process.

Turn firestorm right way up.

Remove left wheel,

see the bolt in the top of the carrier? snug it, theres one in the bottom to, snug it.

replace wheel.

remove right wheel.

repeat process.

these last four bolts will need doing after every bash.

tighter steering :thumbsup:

HTH

Jason

=======================================================================================

UPDATE:

Was out today, when the firestorm cartwheeled and it wouldnt steer properly one way, and I new straight away it was related to the above post. I turned the car upside down and sure enuff the Bolt was missing.....

Well only the screw head was missing, it had snapped of and left the thread in part no 5 from stalk 100320 (servo saver set), luckily I had a spare one just in (cheers dave), But I did'nt have a Bolt, Then I saw the Bolt and nut for for the rear wing which is no longer used, This bolt fitted just right and I was able to do a field repair and carry on playing. I dont know what caused the bolt to snap, but it's good practice to keep the above spares in your parts tub. Theres plenty of room in the firestorm steering area, so when i've had a Brew, I'm gonna see if I can modify both the bolt's with longer equivelants and a pair of speed nuts thread locked in place, or maybe a single locking nut.

Update 2:

I got the callipers out and measured up and it's going to be:

2 x M3 16mm Button head screws

6 x M3 washers

2 x M3 Locking nuts

use threadlock Tighten the nuts down to just before they bind the steering.(dont overtighten the car wont steer)

Couldn't get out this weekend to field test, so will post back next week.

Update 3:

M3 16mm screws are two long, (Choice was 12mm, too short, 16mm too long), so remove exess with a dremmel, I stripped the steering down to oil it, Bolted the steeriing saver together Like this

Screw/ washer/ servo saver/ Washer/ Arm/ washer/ Locking nut.

and the dremeled the excess thread off level with the nut.

steeringstuf.jpg

Sorry about grainy picture, it's a snugg fit, but had no problems with the nut catching on the upper brace.

I did try a speed nut, (half thickness) with thread lock, but this too worked loose.

Finally had a days bashing and the steering didn't fail.

Edited by J450n
  • Like 3

Hi Roobz,

Was tooling around with the firestorm, turned the steer wheel, and it kept going straight, Bugger, whats broke now.......

Turns out that one of those little screws on the steering rack had popped out, lucky it didn't drop out.

drop of thread-lock and I've never touched them since.

I'm still torn between the regular E-Firestorm 10t and the Flux version, when ever I see the flux version it seems to be wheeling a lot and i'd prefer lower speeds and have all 4 wheels on the ground. Is this just a characteristic of a brushless motor and a LIpo combined?