• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Merry Christmas all! I did a similar thing jacksprogis.. Mine landed in river at the end of the cartwheel. I need to get some time spare to strip it down in morning to see what I damage i have done to it. Got wet feet fishing it out, landed upside down else it of been driven out. They really are waterproof!!!!

Still love it though , im just keeping

Has anyone got any pics of how the waterproof receiver box is fitted in the new waterproof firestorm. Ive just had mine delivered from america and its bigger than I expected. Doesnt fit properly in the side of the chassis?

seeing as the firestorm gets the popular vote as the best all round 2wd basher for durability and performance, what is the 4wd equivelant?

doesn't have to be hpi, but i think i'd prefer 4wd, but there doesn't seem to be one that stands out on the forums as everyones favourite?

It all depends on your budget and what you want to do with it, do you want truggy/buggy/MT etc electric/nitro/petrol once you have all the answers post a thread up and i'm sure you'll get some useful suggestions,

Sorry to say but the Fs is gonna get neglected for a while while I get me head round this hpi hellfire, I am amazed at how much it looks like the firestorm and it's 1/8 and four wheel drive:)

I have already had to take the 2.4g out the Fs and fit it to the HF cause I had a bit of trouble with a glitching 27mhz.

Hi guys,

got a little mini guide for you here, some may have this problem, some may not... my lipo's came the other day... they were a tight fit as they slot under the rear shock tower and the battery brace wouldn't slot in between the two! so i thought i could cut the part of the brace that slotted between the two off, as its not really needed because they are tight under the shock tower, but i didnt really want to start cutting it about. then i thought about making a new battery brace just for the front, but i thought i would try something without changing anything... so here we go...

What you need:

2.5mm hex driver

8 washers (roughly 1mm thick) mine had 5mm holes and were a perfect fit... use what you want though (doesn't have to be 8, it depends on the thickness of them and how much extra clearance you need)

1. undo the 4 hex head screws holding the shock tower on, the car will drop whilst the shock tower will "float" in the air, being held up by the shocks.

2. Slot the 8 washers over the holes where the screws slot in, i used 2 for each screw hole.

3. Screw the shock tower back in place, it should be roughly 1-2mm higher depending on your needs and thickness of washers.

Now test fit the battery and brace, add or take washers until the clearance is sufficient to your needs :)

Here is a couple of pics of my finished mod:

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

Hope it helps, stretch may link it to the main thread, do so as you please :)

Thanks,

Cam

• Like 3

what are the best tyres for sand? i'v got some ms credit to blow and was going to get a load of new wheels and tyres can anyone link me to the best set? good to have spares lol

what are the best tyres for sand? i'v got some ms credit to blow and was going to get a load of new wheels and tyres can anyone link me to the best set? good to have spares lol

hpi do some http://www.hpiracing...oducts/en/4412/ or there's panther paddle proline sandpaws or proline slingshots first two will fit standard 2.2 wheels

Edited by stretch

i've found it happens when your still on the power when you hit things, thats how i broke mine.

That's the one! Ahh least ill know for next time :-D

Can anyone recommend some front tyres, stock ones just don't cut it for me, especially on wet grass, or should I just bolt a set of rears on?

Im not too keen on the fronts, I was looking at maybe a set of dirt paws all around? Idk. Mine seems to turn one way better than the other and I cant figure it out. dunno if its tyre related, ive tightened everything up at front to make sure nothing is loose.