• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Hey, hope you're all well, another question from me :D

I'm sure this has been asked many times :/ buuuut.. What gearing should I use to pair with an EZrun 9t motor? Is stock ok or would an upgrade be a better option? Where is the best place to find such gearing?

Many thanks,

Chris.

Hi all,

I have these LIPO'S:

http://www.amainhobb...tor-74V-5000mAh

So max 10-15 runs, one pack has puffed, and one randomly started smoking and partly melted. Luckily it was in a lipo bag else who know what could have happened. Luckily only damage was a freaked out wife, and toxic smell for an hour.

Weird thing is the puffed pack did not smoke.

Needless to say they will stay outdoors from now on.

How do I safely dispose of them given that one is puffed, and one is partly melted?

Hi all,

I have these LIPO'S:

http://www.amainhobb...tor-74V-5000mAh

So max 10-15 runs, one pack has puffed, and one randomly started smoking and partly melted. Luckily it was in a lipo bag else who know what could have happened. Luckily only damage was a freaked out wife, and toxic smell for an hour.

Weird thing is the puffed pack did not smoke.

Needless to say they will stay outdoors from now on.

How do I safely dispose of them given that one is puffed, and one is partly melted?

Bump.

There are guides to disposing of lipos, generally it involves fully discharging it using a bulb or similar then submersing in salt water for a few days to neutralise and disolve connections and then dispose of in household waste.

The car is E-Firestorm flux 4800 vapor motor.

The one that smoked was full charge

The one that has puffed had about a quarter charge left.

I was bashing before this where I had a problem of the firestorm cutting of, steering would work. Then it would work again cut off and on again. I am not sure why, radio seemed fine, perhaps heat?

just thought id try some 2.2 badlands out on the rear to see if i could tame some wheelspin in this wet weather were having, loads of grip now, the wheelies have destroyed the shell!

not happy with how it handles now tbh though, handles like a bit of a pig compared to the stock smaller tyres. anyone else running badlands and did you change anything to sort the handling a bit?

could any one be so kind and point in the rite direction for some white dish wheels please as my son would like to get some so he can dye them orange himself.

Thank's

Mez

could any one be so kind and point in the rite direction for some white dish wheels please as my son would like to get some so he can dye them orange himself.

Thank's

Mez

Hi Mez

I found some cool wheels by just typing HPI Firestorm wheels in eBay, give it a try, if not the google the same thing. Hope that helps.

Hi Mez

I found some cool wheels by just typing HPI Firestorm wheels in eBay, give it a try, if not the google the same thing. Hope that helps.

cheers got some white dish and going to dye them orange ^^

3s lipo for ezrun 60amp 9t set up?

Iv been using a 2s 5000mah gens ace and it's been brilliant. As usual id like more power :) Iv noticed lots if talk about 3s batteries and I'd like to try one. Unfortunately www.giantshark.co.uk do not have any gens ace ones of high enough rating in a hard case.. Can anybody shine any light to a company that can supply this please?

Many thanks

Chris.

answered you in post 3348 mate, did you measure your battery tray? these http://www.giantshar...k-p-406696.html are about the biggest 2s that will fit in the stock tray. 3s wise you need to make sure it's not too long to be obscured by the rear shock tower. I have one of these https://www.hobbykin...dcase_pack.html and it fit's fine but can't use the stock battery strap.

Also all the packs you've listed have side or end exiting wires which mean chassis chopping will be required.

Edited by stretch