• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My E-Revo Brushless with a few Mods

Granby

very nice granby :) i still need to get round to ordering some mod1 spur/pinions, just dealing with my diff probs for the time being tho. i forgot you had the german motor mount, ive wanted one for a while now, good luck for some weather so you can take the beast out my friend :thumbsup:

hey ting what u think about these for grass and road use ?

http://www.ebay.co.u...1#ht_1506wt_962

if useless could u link me some good 1 i would dish wheels in blue if poss m8 and Thanks again Mez

personally mate i really like them! i love the blue chrome dishes (not going to be everyone's cup of tea tho)

i think thats prob one of the closest treads your going to get with a mix of on and off road mate :) should be nice for on road and them little zig zags should hopefully help a bit off road :)

its hard to get the best of both tho, nice to have a set of on and off road set but i know funds do not allways allow :(

if you do decide to get them please let us know how they get on :)

1 thing i will say is the badlands are the best tyre i have used for off road and they bladdy perform well on road also! but if you run badlands on road for too long are that tad bit hard they will rip :( as they are not meant for on road ( i have only used them once on road and prob a dozen times off road, not even showing sign of wear yet, well maybe they might if i ever get around to getting the cake of mud off around them lol

EDIT< what the hell??? i thought i was in my ting ting thread! was tripping the hell out of me thinking i dont remember all these comments? then looked at the title :shockingscary:

Edited by Tingting44

personally mate i really like them! i love the blue chrome dishes (not going to be everyone's cup of tea tho)

i think thats prob one of the closest treads your going to get with a mix of on and off road mate :) should be nice for on road and them little zig zags should hopefully help a bit off road :)

its hard to get the best of both tho, nice to have a set of on and off road set but i know funds do not allways allow :(

if you do decide to get them please let us know how they get on :)

1 thing i will say is the badlands are the best tyre i have used for off road and they bladdy perform well on road also! but if you run badlands on road for too long are that tad bit hard they will rip :( as they are not meant for on road ( i have only used them once on road and prob a dozen times off road, not even showing sign of wear yet, well maybe they might if i ever get around to getting the cake of mud off around them lol

EDIT< what the hell??? i thought i was in my ting ting thread! was tripping the hell out of me thinking i dont remember all these comments? then looked at the title :shockingscary:

Thanks ting think i am defo going to get some off these as i like them and maybe like u said as well get for some on and off road but funds not so good this month Cheers again Mez

• Like 1

OK thought i'd bring this thread back up to date, haven't really done much to the car as it hasn't been used for a good few weeks with all this crap weather :(

But following on from what was suggested in Tings thread http://www.msuk-foru.../page__st__1545 i've changed the gearing to Mod 1

Already had a few Mod 1 pinions as they are used on my vorza so got a 40t spur from a nitro revo, all installed fine but the only problem i can see maybe the gearing as i've fitted a 20t pinion and the motor is almost against the hold down clamp for the ESC, if i wanted to fit a 19t pinion or even a 18t then i'm gonna have to mod the clamp so the motor can move over more

Will be trying this gearing (was using 54/24 before with no problems) when i get a chance but will be checking the temps very closely and see how it goes, i'm not running big diameter tyres so it maybe OK but will be keeping a close eye on the temps :)

Well managed to take mine out today and give it a test with the new gearing and locked rear diff on grass

I can definitely say the locked rear diff makes no difference to the turning of the revo, does seem to pull away a bit better but no major difference apart from i can drift it a bit better now :yes:

Done a few high speed runs on 4s to see what the temps would be like on 40/20 Mod1 gearing and everything seems ok, lipos were slightly warm as was the esc but the motor was cool (the fan on top probably helps lol), when i get another chance will try 5s and see again what temps are like, don't normally run 6s so that won't bother me

nice granby, glad you finally got a chance to take the beast out, glad your gearing seems ok buddy! and yes i hardly ever run 6s anymore :)

ive got new gears ordered i was running 58/22 but i want more top speed without having to spend out on extra money for expensive pinion :( i was going to run new 17/40 gearing but like you say you dont think it will fit :( so im just going to keep my 22t pinion and run 54t spur, so should have quite bit more top end with 54/22 ill just have to watch temps also tho :)

did u get any vids? good luck for your 5s run granby :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well had another bash today (and no vids before you ask Ting lol) but only on tarmac, broke a couple of stub axles but that's cos i went into a curbs a few times, had a few spares anyway :)

Don't know if its cos i haven't used the revo in a while but it seemed very fast today, it also seemed a lot smoother and picked up better than before so maybe the adjustment of the slipper i did when i changed the gearing made a big difference

Did a speed test with the new mod1 gearing and got 53mph on 5s which is only 1mph more than last time with the old gearing, but i was running out of straight road quickly so i think theres a bit more in it if i can find a long enough disused bit of road :)

• Like 1

Also didn't have any problems with temps on the new mod1 gearing (20/40), lipos (turnigy nano-tech 6000mah 25-50C) were slightly warm, motor (castle 2200kv) was warm but you could keep your fingers on it and the ESC (Mamba monster) was mildly warm and never noticed the fan coming on at all

Well had another bash today (and no vids before you ask Ting lol) but only on tarmac, broke a couple of stub axles but that's cos i went into a curbs a few times, had a few spares anyway :)

Don't know if its cos i haven't used the revo in a while but it seemed very fast today, it also seemed a lot smoother and picked up better than before so maybe the adjustment of the slipper i did when i changed the gearing made a big difference

Did a speed test with the new mod1 gearing and got 53mph on 5s which is only 1mph more than last time with the old gearing, but i was running out of straight road quickly so i think theres a bit more in it if i can find a long enough disused bit of road :)

:xd: :xd: :xd: im a nightmare arnt i loool :thumbsup:

were you running your phaltlines today? i think my wobble will be ok now i can screw the hex's up tighter with the ansmann wrench :)

glad its running better then ever granby!! its great when things work like they are made to work :thumbsup:

im sooooo jelous mate!!! im dying to do some speed runs but funds have higher priorites :( does not seem much differene then from your old gearing?, still mod1 if anything are stronger then mod 0.8 :thumbsup:

Also didn't have any problems with temps on the new mod1 gearing (20/40), lipos (turnigy nano-tech 6000mah 25-50C) were slightly warm, motor (castle 2200kv) was warm but you could keep your fingers on it and the ESC (Mamba monster) was mildly warm and never noticed the fan coming on at all

sounds great!!! running like a dream by the sounds of it!!! :) glad you had a good day granby :thumbsup:

Yes you are Ting :tease:

Yeah running the phaltlines, got a slight wobble on the front only now which i can't seem to get rid off at the moment :rolleyes:

With the old gearing it was getting to the top speed quicker and virtually flat out past the speed gun, with the mod1 gearing which as you say is stronger it seemed to be still accelerating while going past the speed gun so as said i need to find a longer bit of road :yes:

Edited by Granby

• 4 weeks later...

Had a little bash today and have managed to break the rear bulkhead even though i have the rear brace mod :o , oh well never mind as i picked one up cheap the other day on ebay :yes:

Oh also broke 2 shock ends and a driveshaft lol

The calm before the storm lol

RadioControl212.jpg

7243520f.jpg

ebd2e9b9.jpg

6f8282d1.jpg

f861fcf5.jpg

Edited by Granby