• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

North Hants & Berkshire Bashers YO!

.AJ.

not yet mate, still waiting on a couple bits, they should hopefully be with me in the week, ive got a new motor and esc on the way, but they are are a while away yey :good:

Whats wrong Kev?????

I cant get it to run at all, as soon as i take the glow start off it stalls. Ive spent ages messing with the needles to try and sort it but its having none of it

It will be done, but id like to get a motor around 2000kv to be safe :good:

get one of those leopard motors of ebay :good: not that expensive so dosen't really matter if you kill it if i get a savage 2350 i probrably end up putting tekin rx8 in it at some point :whistling: was talking about it today i havent even got one yet lol :good:

get one of those leopard motors of ebay :good: not that expensive so dosen't really matter if you kill it if i get a savage 2350 i probrably end up putting tekin rx8 in it at some point :whistling: was talking about it today i havent even got one yet lol :good:

Defo be a leopard, they are rebranded Castles, the good thing about the RX8 is it doesnt come with free magic smoke :whistling:

3 vid in one from ascot yesterday

:good:

Sweet nice one mate :good: .......... see i can land the right way up .............. sometimes :rofl: ......... btw those back flips were done with a cabletied rear shock tower ;)

Good vid though, I might go down the workshop in a bit and see if I cant sort that engine out.

lol nothing better than a bashing vid to motivate you for some repairs lol

Edited by SavageBez

Yeah, its annoying because that engine does run relly well WHEN it runs,

I just cant work out why it runs for a few minutes then cuts and wont restart.

Its got to be something simple but im buggered If I can work out what it is.

you probably have an air leak mate .......... have you sealed an engine before?

I will try and find a link i remember reading about :good:

Here ya go .............. http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/70981-nitro-engine-sealing/

Edited by SavageBez

Ive never sealed an engine before

I tried it on my spare engine and buggered it up somehow (it doesnt turn over on the starter any more)

I think its more to do with the settings.

I need to reset it all back to factory and start again, it may be too lean on the HSN but going by the instructions (which are a little confusing) you can also lean the engine out using the LSN but only half a turn.

As seen here

http://www.hpiracing...nmt2/MT2_10.jpg

Edited by Haywiremav

Not gonna bother, totally ****ed off right now and wish I hadnt got into this.

Went down and as usual it started straight away, reset it to factory settings and tried again, soon as it gets warm it is a bitch to restart, and now its idling too fast and wont ease down.

Ive done the leak test and cant find a leak anywhere

Im not gonna try sealing this engine as I ****ed the last one up when I tried to do it so bollox to it all!

Edited by Haywiremav

Aint got the money mate, everything going wrong here at the moment to the point where I feel like taking a long walk off a short pier!

TOTALLY ****** off just now.

Just found out the bank account is properly empty, got about 3 quid to get through the rest of this month!

Edited by Haywiremav

Go electric mate, thats why i run both, if the nitro pisses me off it gets throw in the van and then ive got the electric to save the day :good::good:

yeah second to that ......... i know nitro has a better feeling to it, but electric kits are so much easier ........ you dont have to **** about with the motor and they work straight out of the box :good:Its the main reason i sold my savage ......... i could never get it to run right.

Aint got the money mate, everything going wrong here at the moment to the point where I feel like taking a long walk off a short pier!

TOTALLY ****** off just now.

Just found out the bank account is properly empty, got about 3 quid to get through the rest of this month!

Thats no good mate, just focus on the good things :good: