• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SteBro Shorty Baja

stebro

Ment to say this is the oil that i got it is the same speck as the oil you linked gav but they never had it in. Well they said it just as good anyway still 10w

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_221375_langId_-1_categoryId_165484

Is that for your shocks stebro, if so can it be used for fg shocks??

What oil are you running in the engine ?

I know 2 stroke but what brand lol

Gav

yer mate as corbs said i am using castrol tt in this but in my other i am using silkolene. now i don't want to use 2 different types of oil all time but have heard that it best to stick with what thet have been run on.

Can i change oils?

Is that for your shocks stebro, if so can it be used for fg shocks??

No mate not in fgs they have silicone base oils in there shocks

yer mate as corbs said i am using castrol tt in this but in my other i am using silkolene. now i don't want to use 2 different types of oil all time but have heard that it best to stick with what thet have been run on.

Can i change oils?

Yeah you can change oil, with fresh petrol :good:

The TTS is the best out of the 2 mate.

Gav

Ok so finished for now. Enough to get me out at the weekend and see what it need if any and got from there.

There are still a few little bits but left to do but only take 5 min to do them and then there are the things that i want to change or get also which will get as i go along

So new set of rear arms and fully rebuilt rear shocks

spiderrc2227.jpg

Have done the front too but have not got a close up pic for some reason

Then just so general pics of it cleanish. The oil was a nightmare to get off the rear of car. just hope she doesn't look for pan scrubber :whistling:

spiderrc2222.jpg

spiderrc2223.jpg

spiderrc2224.jpg

I also did the mod to the engine cover while i was at it to allow me access to head bolts and to aid cooling :good:

spiderrc2226.jpg

So i want to get for it

TR front shock Brace ( or any in same colour as i have )

Drive cups outer

Dog Bones

Front Bumper

Rear Pipe instead of side pipe

Edit add to the list

rose joints

Steering linkage

Edited by stebro

TR front shock Brace ( or any in same colour as i have ) - Still the cheapest, just deanodise them so they match in natural finish ? http://www.rcmodelz....brace-black.php

Front Bumper - Nige ? http://www.freeprawn...umper-aaa3.html

Rear Pipe instead of side pipe - Same as I run http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item1c1683ba79

I reckon you could Ebay the GBE Pipe and cover the cost of the Dom copy, Brace & Bumper :whistling:

I reckon you could Ebay the GBE Pipe and cover the cost of the Dom copy, Brace & Bumper :whistling:

Cheers Mate have looked at the brace was just waiting to get funds but looks like something my have come up now :good:

It is going mate i much prefer the rear pipe. Had a blast out today but the servo horn is slipping on the servo so new horn needed :(

But it goes well but only got about 5 min with it before it went so wasn't happy but never mind still had Spider

• 3 weeks later...

Well little update have treated her to some new dogbones and drive cup as they were well gone. 1 dog bone wont even come out of the drive cup

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

As you can see from the 2nd pic i was also missins a pin from 1 side of the dog bone

And while had back end apart for that the bearing where past it too so put a set of new sealed " fast Eddys " i think they are.

Just waiting for my

New pipe

Enclosed wheel nut ( as i lost 1 of my original ones)

Rpm front Bumper

Rpm Back Bumper

Hemicuffs for rear arms

Ball Joints ( which i have got just forget to fit )

5T roof guard

dam those cups are wrecked :good:

Man they are mashed !

Gav

They were like that when i got it unfurtnately so i got some before they finely gave way and by the looks of the broken pin i did it at the right time :good:

Have decided that while i am off after my op i will probably give my cars a rebuild but to do it on the baja i will need some new screws.

Now i have had a look on the usual places like ebay and stuff but can only find them in kits and i don't really need a full kit. I only really need the m5 flat ones but want some decent ones.

If anyone know where i can get them loose could you let me know as some of mine are going to need the dremel on them

Thanks Ste