• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Bullet Owners Club

.AJ.

i've been reading around as it seems the same issue of the half tank lean for the Savage, lots of solutions which work for some people, at the end the issue seems to be that while the fuel is going down the air pressure inside the tank changes instead of staying the same, so solution would be to change tank, or change position of the pressure nipple in the tank (mine is on top of the tank and it would go on the bottom) other solution to make the fuel line from the tank to the carb shorter as possible, or I fought to buy couple of T connector so the pressure in the tanks will be the same for both coming through the pipe and the rule as well coming from the tanks, so first of I'll try to shortener the line between the tank and the carb, as soon as I get the T connector will try these, as don't like to fit another pressure nipple, my last try will be a new tank, I saw a traxxas one which is 105cl and it may fit or couple of Kyosho 125cl which are pre mounted on 3.0cc engine ( like the one I've got)

• 1 month later...

I've come to a point of making a difficult choice.

My nitro engine died. I had little compression so a new piston and liner was needed and now the crankcase broke by a mistake of mine.

So the engine is useless and I have to choose between 4 choices:

1st choice is to buy a new g3.0 and have some spare parts for it from the old one.

2nd is to buy a better engine that fits the bullet.

3rd is to buy a good big block engine for my t-maxx and take the TRX3.3 from the t-maxx and place it to my bullet (size fits easy)

4th is to make a conversion to electric but I have no clue about the electric motors and will need everything from the start since I have no chargers. batteries etc.

So I'm asking mostly the flux owners what will be the cost of a good combo plus the charger and a set of batteries. Also I have to ask if the differential problems are too often with the electric motor since they have more torque.

• 3 weeks later...

Once you've replaced the shocks hubs and servos it really tuff mate mines handled 7 foot backflips with ease

Hi all, I've recently picked up my Bullet MT Flux and whilst it's great fun, I'm starting to notice it's a little too quick for it's own safety (or I'm too clumsy!) Anyway, today I managed to snap the rear shock towers clean in half...

I've already ordered some bits from Asiatees to help the car along, but I'm starting to think that it won't be enough if I continue my clumsy style of driving. The list of hop ups on order so far are:

HPI Bullet 3.0 Aluminum C-Hub
HPI Bullet MT 3.0 Aluminum Front Hub Carriers (2) Orange
HPI Bullet 3.0 Aluminum Front Knuckle Arm - 1Pair Set Orange
Traxxas Jato Revolver Black Front Wheels (These will be twinned with some new tyres in due course)
HPI Bullet 3.0 Steel #45 Front/rear CVD Swing Shaft 
HPI Bullet MT Flux Aluminum Hex Adapter 14mm Diameter With 9mm Thickness

I've also been looking at other alu parts, plus a servo as I feel the current one is too weak. 

What are the thoughts of the more experienced Bullet users on here?

MIne arrived on wednesday, what a fantastic piece of kit. This weekend will be full throttle for the first time after breaking the engine in over the past 2 days, how i've resisted so far is beyond me

Anyway i'd just like to say how much of a great help this thread has been and the advice given to others has been very usefull.

I knew I had made the right choice.

Stupid question time. I bought an Aluminum C-hub from Asiatees and it doesn't fit where I thought it was going to;

http://www.asiatees.com/display?HPI-Bullet-MT-Flux-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=HPI&model=Bullet%20MT%20Flux&id=74778&pid=1

Where exactly does it go?! Sounds stupid I know, but bear with me :)

Ah-ha! Worked it out, I managed to buy two sets for the front. I'll store that set under 'spare'...

Edited by theboyfold

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can anyone one tell me where I can get an aftermarket shell that will fit my bullet st preferably clear thanks

I've seen pictures of the Bullet with Proline body shells, both the MT and the ST but don't know which model is the one that fits the bullet

Found a link from youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pLcn8iyO_s

He used

Pro-Line Racing 339100 Bulldog Clear Body for Stampede 2WD and 4WD Edited by twistedrh

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I am a nitro owner and I want to make a flux model out of my spare parts and a flux chassis with battery and transmitter trays that I bought from e-bay.

But I' don't know what motor is suitable for it. I don't have any experience with flux models so I'm not sure what kv or turns (T) to look for. I want torque over speed because I usually play in small areas for bashing but I don't know how much the diifs can handle.

I'm looking for combos of leopard, hobbywing and turnigy at 60 to 90A but I see too many options. From low kv with many T or vice versa. From what i read about i'm thinking of something between 3000kv-4000kv and between 9-13T.

if anyone can help with his knowledge it will be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

So after hours of setting up HPI RS4 3 nitro. Change in weather and then setting it up again, I decided to get an electric RC car. So after a quick search of eBay for a good deal, I purchased a 12 month HPI Bullet ST flux. Quick charge of the 2s lipo and I was off...really quite impressed with how it handled and it quite quick for a car of this size....10 mins into my first run it took off and hit a building and snapped to plastic c hub, Doh. So alloy parts ordered, fitted and out for its second run to day only to have another knock and snap the steering assembly. Maybe it's just me and getting a little to trigger happy but this is getting an expensive hobby if I break it every time I take it out!!

Anybody else had this much bad look when bashing theirs?

So after hours of setting up HPI RS4 3 nitro. Change in weather and then setting it up again, I decided to get an electric RC car. So after a quick search of eBay for a good deal, I purchased a 12 month HPI Bullet ST flux. Quick charge of the 2s lipo and I was off...really quite impressed with how it handled and it quite quick for a car of this size....10 mins into my first run it took off and hit a building and snapped to plastic c hub, Doh. So alloy parts ordered, fitted and out for its second run to day only to have another knock and snap the steering assembly. Maybe it's just me and getting a little to trigger happy but this is getting an expensive hobby if I break it every time I take it out!!

Anybody else had this much bad look when bashing theirs?

We all been there I think. When you replace the parts that brake easily with aluminum and learn your truck things will change.

Try not to crash by choosing areas with no buildings or trees for start and learn to land it at least on 2 wheels.

We all been there I think. When you replace the parts that brake easily with aluminum and learn your truck things will change.

Try not to crash by choosing areas with no buildings or trees for start and learn to land it at least on 2 wheels.

Great advise Twistedrh. Still searching for the best place to take it. Lots of green belt near me but it's quite flat. Need some jumps.

im tempted to get the bullet mt flux or the vaterra too mate

i had the nitro bullet and loved it but it is weak also

Yeah been reading that the diffs are pretty weak

Think my minds made up to be honest I'm going for the halix especially at model sports price