• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Bullet Owners Club

.AJ.

It's normal during break in. But mine seem to last ages it could be your running to rich or just poor quality or wrong temp plugs. Which ones you using? I'm using hpi r4 in mine

I change crankcase. Piston and sleeve are old but still have compression. The local shop has HSP R4 but never had problems with it. In all the cars.

By the way yesterday the used t-maxx that I bought and was a completely mess had it first great run. Finally after a lot of work, new diff and shock oil and some small spare parts that needed to be changed did it first wheelies. If i find balance i can keep it for as long as  I want. Did over 100 meters on 2 wheels. :hahadance:

Has anyone had problems with easily burned glow plugs? What may cause that?

Went on my LHS because now the engine couldn't start. The guy there opened the engine and saw that con rod was placed wrong and that was causing the trouble. But the weird part is that I placed it like I saw it on the manual. He changed it and was working again. Hopefully as he said it will stop the problem with the glow plugs.

Just a little vid of first bash unfortunately broke front dogbone so only rwd was a nightmare to control and could accelerate properly without spinning but was still fun. Excuse the camera footage of my step son the mrs gets easily distracted Lols

Edited by Morpet

Hello to you all. Bought my bullet st flux 2 weeks ago and I'm new to rc. It's awesome I found this club and your all tips and info for bullet mods, does and dont's.

So far I had about five sesions- emptied about 8 lipo5.2. 

As im still learning to handle the bullet so fare managed to brake front left hub carier and knuckle, bent the shock shaft later broke front lower arm brace and bent inner suspension shaft. Last time broke the axle pin and lost the nut. The body - especially the back end is badly shattered:)

I was reading here from page 150 and just finished:) it was great to find all the info about upgrades so I have ordered some main alloy parts from assiatees Changed the servo to the stronger metal gear one Also ordered lighter wheels,12mm hexes and  shims for differential. 

So im quite intensely engaged now and love fixing and upgrading as much as driving.

I do have some questions though.  

How to choose the shock oil?

Where do you buy your bodies how much you pay and how you know which ones fit. Is there a lot to chose? Bullet body is quite expensive and not very sturdy.  (I live in UK)

Has anyone tried to enforce their body with layer of fiberglass? 

Shock oils a matter of trial and error really as for the shell if you trim the rear end off it's more than strong enough in my opinion. I be careful when ordering from asiatees it's not their fault but I got charged by customs

Shock oils a matter of trial and error really as for the shell if you trim the rear end off it's more than strong enough in my opinion. I be careful when ordering from asiatees it's not their fault but I got charged by customs

I do expect to pay UK duty, but it should be cheaper anyway. I will trim the end so its good for now, but I'll be looking for a different body. I am staying with the stock shocks for now. They did not have the topcad ones in stock at the time of order.

They weren't listed under st but my for some reason

Hello to you all. Bought my bullet st flux 2 weeks ago and I'm new to rc. It's awesome I found this club and your all tips and info for bullet mods, does and dont's.

So far I had about five sesions- emptied about 8 lipo5.2. 

As im still learning to handle the bullet so fare managed to brake front left hub carier and knuckle, bent the shock shaft later broke front lower arm brace and bent inner suspension shaft. Last time broke the axle pin and lost the nut. The body - especially the back end is badly shattered:)

I was reading here from page 150 and just finished:) it was great to find all the info about upgrades so I have ordered some main alloy parts from assiatees Changed the servo to the stronger metal gear one Also ordered lighter wheels,12mm hexes and  shims for differential. 

So im quite intensely engaged now and love fixing and upgrading as much as driving.

I do have some questions though.  

How to choose the shock oil?

Where do you buy your bodies how much you pay and how you know which ones fit. Is there a lot to chose? Bullet body is quite expensive and not very sturdy.  (I live in UK)

Has anyone tried to enforce their body with layer of fiberglass? 

I did the same thing to my body shell 6 months ago. I used dry wall tape with shoe goo, covered from the inside most of the shell and I still have it. Even if I change at some time the shell I will do it also on the new one. Makes shell really strong without losing it's flexibility.

Have received the parts from assiatees. No need to pay duty. Checked on HMRC site that usualy you dont need to pay duty if the amount of duty is less than

Need help.

After fitting alloy parts went to abandoned bmx track to try my bullet. All was fine until I went thru some small paddles. No signs of life from motor now. Servo works fine and fan on ecu spins ok. Tried different batteries-no help. Changed the transmitter batteries - nothing. Any ideas where to search for fault? The paddles were small and far from submersion. It was wet inside though. after drying - no difference.

Do you have another esc or motor to try on it?

Ask in the general electric section. You will get more replys.

thanks. all good again. tried this morning and it works. dont know what happened, maybe its not that waterproof and needed time to dry out.

Hey guys.  I just changed my Bullet from a 3s truggy...

DSC00075_zps890c8b3b.jpg

To a low power, 35t brushed, monster trail vehicle! 

DSC00305_zps104ef713.jpg

DSC00304_zpse1f24e6d.jpg

Top speed: 10 mph!   Now my 3 yr old son can drive this and not shatter it into pieces.  Plus it can climb rocks and logs with ease.  My Bullet has been great in all of it's forms and I've had very few problems.

Edited by tman4wdr
  • Like 1

surely the drive shafts will drop out. i had that problem with my standard bullet, but with that much articulation....

cvd's won't pop out on this bad boy but I bet you're right that the stock dogbones would have, especially with the generous travel of Emaxx shocks.

My 35t brushed motor is Really Too Slow (thinking 8-9mph)... I'm going to use a 17.5t/~2000kv sensored 540 combo.  It should scoot pretty good even on 2s and have the low speed torque I need.  I did a little build thread for this on URC forums ("stadium trucks and 1/10 buggies" section) "HPI Bullet, My slow-poke conversion" if anyone wants to see a slow ass Bullet,lol.  Running video should be up by Monday, if I can convince the camera woman :xd:  Anyone know, can you embed youtube videos here on MSUK?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I've got a Bullet MT which I need to fit a new nitro engine, here on MS there is a Force .18 which is like the stock one but before buying it (as it is a bit cheaper than the HPI branded) I was wondering if there is a bigger alternative, like a .21 that could fit. what about a racing .12? with more RPM, would it do the job? or the bullet would be to heavy for it? also, do you know if I can fit a bigger tank?  thanks a lot