• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Trees, skips, kerbs and walls

Call it your continuing quest to test the indestructibility (yes i used spell check) of the trophy truggy, and as long as you can break it your quest will continue.

Allan

• Like 2

well that's one way of looking at it!lol!!

Or how about

Something can be learned from every breakage (didn't use smell checker this time)

Anyway, i have a small niggle with mine, mine started as a Lightning gt (roller) back in January and since then she's gone  threw a staggering change, well to be honest the only parts from the original truggy are the centre diff, the front upper chassis brace, servo deck and the 2 into 1 servo wire (from the receiver to the 2 steering servo's, thats it (so is it still technically a lightning gt?????)

Oh yes the "niggle" right, well she's been threw quite a time, grass runs, a short bmx track for jumps, some rolls etc inbetween all the upgrades/changes, and looking at the front shock tower from the side, i have this niggle (yes im finally getting to the niggle) that its sitting squint/bent as the front body post pins seem to be sitting at an angle as dose the front bumper/skidplate, so could someone please have a we looky at these pics and see if im just loosing it

temporary_15.jpg

temporary_16.jpg

temporary_17.jpg

And just for a we laugh, dose anyone know where this little brace come from (hint.... its from the hpi/hot bodies stables)

temporary_21.jpg

temporary_20.jpg

temporary_19.jpg

temporary_18.jpg

And lastly, something im going to try and incorperate

temporary_22.jpg

Once i get her out, ill take a few better pis and show off my new charging port

Allan

First up the shock tower is fine your chassis has the slight bend which will cause the body posts to move inwards

The brace is for the rear or the front goes from diff case to chassis I can't really tell from that pic which one tho, but if I had to guess I'd say the rear

Might fit different on the old lightning chassis tho but you can get them in black easy enough for the trophy range from hpi

Edited by mydoddy69

First up the shock tower is fine your chassis has the slight bend which will cause the body posts to move inwards

Thanks, maybe it's just cause i've changed so much on this i was making myself a bit paranoid.

The brace is for the rear or the front goes from diff case to chassis I can't really tell from that pic which one tho, but if I had to guess I'd say the rear

Might fit different on the old lightning chassis tho but you can get them in black easy enough for the trophy range from hpi

The brace is on the centre diff to the rear brace, here is a couple clearer pictures

temporary_23.jpg

temporary_24.jpg

I think the one that your on about is the optional rear brace for the trophy buggy like this one im selling atm (if anyone's interested :naughty: )

temporary_10.jpg

But this one doesn't fit on the lightning stadium/gt/trophy truggy chassis's

Here's my little receiver box mod, it needs a little light sanding and maybe a little paint/vinyl

temporary_25.jpg

temporary_26.jpg

I used a recharge port thing for rc planes, a bit of cutting and jb weld and there we are, no need to continuously open/close the receiver box every time you need to charge

Allan

He just said the trophie buggy lol.

I know why you've used the traxxas pipe, rear exit is the best but those pipes really strangle engines especially big blocks. Have you thought about doing the stinger mod if not already done.

You just drill out the stinger abit more Google will tell you the best size drill bit. It opens the pipe up more and people who've done it say it gives a noticeable performance increase.

Or mayb swap the pipe to the trinity clone 1/8 pipe that's good they was only

I can't find the trinity clone but there's this one which I think is a clone of another I'm not sure about this one tho. One good bang and it could be broken.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminum-Tuned-Exhaust-Pipe-For-Traxxas-Revo-2-5-3-3-/190571910795?hash=item2c5ef8968b

Outlaw pipe or something like that it was a rare pipe when I was building a revo.

Edited by RCbutcher

He just said the trophie buggy lol.

I said that i think he was on about the rear brace for the lightning/trophy buggies, but that it didn't fit the truggy chassis.

Its actually from a Hot Bodies GTX-2, i had to alu weld/braze the rear brake hole on the centre diff top plate then re drill a smaller hole (first time doing it with a low temp alu weld kit which explains why its a tad rough looking), the mounting hole on the rear carbon brace was there from the factory (alot of the lightning stadium/ trophy truggy rear braces still have the hole there

gtx2carbs.jpg

Well the reason for this pipe was the manifold i had for my engine, it was either buy a stubby pipe like that this one or spend a lot more on manifold, pipe and a wider shell to contain the side pipe, this one is just short enough to fit under my shell and some research seemed to suggest that this pipe worked well with picco big blocks (currently an xp g1 .21 turbo)

I tried to look for a trinity clone prior to getting this resonator pipe, but i couldn't hold off buying a pipe any longer.

So what's this stinger mod?

Allan

hey guys I'm a hpi trophy truggy owner and I'm in the market for a new exhaust but just curious whats the difference between them all? lol i was told a jp3 is a good one to buy but for what reason I'm looking for a louder sound then a the stock one and if they make it go faster then sure why not...what does everyone recommend ?

I have the trophy flux so I can't really comment on a good exhaust for it. but on the topic of exhausts and noise, I also have a savage x and one hell of a noisy exhaust, is there any way of making it a little quieter without affecting the performance? It's great up on the quarry and away from houses but a bit much for on the street...