• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Don't you just hate posts that jump infront of you

This post

temporary_42.jpg

Plus my truggy =

temporary_43.jpg

temporary_44.jpg

temporary_45.jpg

temporary_46.jpg

temporary_47.jpg

Well i guess my depth perception was off just a tad, the gt hit the post on the arm at a rather fast pace.

I think the Edit shock tower is un-salvageable, good job i have another. It popped that shock right off and snapped the threads off at the bottom (that's a 3.5mm shock shaft)

Wonder if i can find a set of threaded pin things that hold the lower arms on (yip, i've forgot what there called, the joys of being me)

Wonder if the d8 front lower suspension mount would be a suitable replacement for my buggered Edit one?

Ah the joys

Allan

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pug=309 said:

This post

temporary_42.jpg

Plus my truggy =

temporary_43.jpg

temporary_44.jpg

temporary_45.jpg

temporary_46.jpg

temporary_47.jpg

Well i guess my depth perception was off just a tad, the gt hit the post on the arm at a rather fast pace.

I think the Edit shock tower is un-salvageable, good job i have another. It popped that shock right off and snapped the threads off at the bottom (that's a 3.5mm shock shaft)

Wonder if i can find a set of threaded pin things that hold the lower arms on (yip, i've forgot what there called, the joys of being me)

Wonder if the d8 front lower suspension mount would be a suitable replacement for my buggered Edit one?

Ah the joys

Allan

OOps.

The D8 + Vorza front blocks are fine mate. Straight fit.

The front pins from the D812 are captured bolt on ones.

2 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

OOps.

The D8 + Vorza front blocks are fine mate. Straight fit.

The front pins from the D812 are captured bolt on ones.

On another note. Are those edit front suspension blocks thicker than standard Trophy ones? The D8 are the same thickness as the Orange ones you get on the Trophy.

I'm thinking of attempting to mock some up on the drill press. Could have a go at doing a thicker one if that's the case.

• Like 1

Does anyone have some spare front upper and lower hinge pin holders and diff case they'd like to sell? I've just blown a tyre too so I'm trying my best to keep costs down.

If anyone wants to do a deal on 2x tyres with foams and all of the above then even better!

1 hour ago, everclear1984 said:

Does anyone have some spare front upper and lower hinge pin holders and diff case they'd like to sell? I've just blown a tyre too so I'm trying my best to keep costs down.

If anyone wants to do a deal on 2x tyres with foams and all of the above then even better!

I'll have a look. May have some used holders. I'm using alloy ones. They for the buggy?

Otherwise my new ones sell as sets:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191865807027?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

On 5/21/2016 at 17:49, dazp1976 said:

I don't at the mo :( I used to get them often but prices have shot up and availability seems poor.

Parts seem more and more scarce for the Trophies. Wondering whether it's to do with the Europe distribution part of HPI going belly up. See if you can hold out a little longer.

I heard they are starting to reorder parts over a month ago

On 5/21/2016 at 17:49, dazp1976 said:

I don't at the mo :( I used to get them often but prices have shot up and availability seems poor.

Parts seem more and more scarce for the Trophies. Wondering whether it's to do with the Europe distribution part of HPI going belly up. See if you can hold out a little longer.

I heard they are starting to reorder parts over a month ago

14 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

On another note. Are those edit front suspension blocks thicker than standard Trophy ones? The D8 are the same thickness as the Orange ones you get on the Trophy.

I'm thinking of attempting to mock some up on the drill press. Could have a go at doing a thicker one if that's the case.

Hey, yeah just a little, the main difference is the aluminium used to make them, the stock ones are 6061 (from memory) and the edit ones (again from memory) are 7075, ill have a look into it.

Allan

10 minutes ago, RestInPieces said:

Looking at converting my nitro truggy to brushless. Anyone got any good motor and esc suggestions. Medium price, good top end with wheelie power. Battery will be 4s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prob one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-HOBBYWING-QuicRun-WP-8BL150-Brushless-Sensorless-Speed-Controllers-150A-ESC-/231830305095?hash=item35fa29b947:g:BrcAAOxyGwNTDxdm

I've had this for 2 years, you defo need the setting box for it and isn't wp.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toro-1-8-RC-CAR-Brushless-Motor-ESC-controller-PROGRAM-BOX-TS150A-SKYRC-COMBO-/221330446574?hash=item33885298ee:g:OIgAAMXQfvlSnrtS

These for wheelies everywhere!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leopard-4282-2000kv-brushless-1-8-scale-truggy-monster-electric-motor-/162076737449?hash=item25bc86bfa9:g:r98AAOSwEa5XPmwL

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEOPARD-4082-2000KV-4-Poles-Brushless-Motor-for-RC-1-5-Car-Boat-3M-Tape-/321929646407?hash=item4af4809147:g:LP4AAOSwnipWVCzW

A couple of people here say these are good (not sure on wheelie power tho)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4076-2000KV-4P-Sensorless-Brushless-Motor-for-1-8-RC-Monster-Truck-Car-UK-Stock-/201395574172?hash=item2ee41c959c:g:94EAAOSwHnFVsedr

I wouldn't mind trying one of these either if I was 4s

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GoolRC-4076-2000KV-4P-Sensorless-Brushless-Motor-for-RC-Monster-Truck-New-R5G4-/131611375248?hash=item1ea4a63690:g:SXQAAOSwFnFWA1jQ

I got some EC5 connectors from their brand and they're beef! they are very good quality. If they're anything to go by it should be alright.

Now technically I'd say ideally you'd want at least 2200kv for top end but the ones available you would need to at least double your budget so go with something like the ones in the list.

If you haven't got the 101142 gears in your diffs already you will need them with brushless :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, RestInPieces said:

Ok thanks mate, what about a 2650kv mamba?

Top end will be good but I believe it's a 4068 size can. As you go down in length you lose torque. Torque = wheelies.

4082 will keep the wheels in the air all day

4074 will let you put the wheels back down

4068 will need you to pin it while slowly rolling backwards (breaks gears doing it that way :lol:)

Have 1 of each in an ideal world. Then the mood you're in will determine which motor you use on that day out :thumbsup:

On 5/22/2016 at 16:17, pug=309 said:

This post

temporary_42.jpg

Plus my truggy =

temporary_43.jpg

temporary_44.jpg

temporary_45.jpg

temporary_46.jpg

temporary_47.jpg

Ah the joys

Allan

That's why I wouldn't run alloy arms. I'd rather the arm snap than the damage you've sustained.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RestInPieces said:

Hmm i want on tap wheelies but still controllable. So 4074?

I would say that would be the preferred choice.

7 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

That's why I wouldn't run alloy arms. I'd rather the arm snap than the damage you've sustained.

I would agree with you, but the amount of hits these arms (imo) have taken would of resulted in alot more broken parts over the course of my having them, my kids (aswell as myself) have bounced the GT off a fair few posts, goal posts, rocks and even metal fence posts, almost all at quite a pace (and a few where i've to run and grab the control off the kids as there still mashing down on the trigger)

Besides i like the look with them on, and it would get pretty boring if all i ever needed to do was maintenance (thought it would be cheaper)

On a side note, how are you doing with your nitro?

And to all

Are we done with a list of recommended upgrades so we can list them on one post and get the staff to edit the start of the thread?

Allan

On 5/24/2016 at 09:41, pug=309 said:

On a side note, how are you doing with your nitro?

Don't think I've got the patience for it :( 

Had every intention of running at the local track with it but still umming & arring.

Atm I've got a 4.6 in there. idles nice but cuts out on a throttle pull & can't get it right. Buggy itself is nice, been all serviced up, set up on the station etc & is solid as a rock.

I'd be thinking of putting it in the fs section but I know I'll be low balled and cba with that, rather shelf it.

There is 2x D812's (one for a spare which is still fully intact) in very good condition & enough spares to go the life of the buggy.

Savox 1256 & 1258

5 sets of wheels (1 brand new) 

Month old 1600 hump & wall charger

Month old 3000 glow + older wall charger with a lead for a proper charger

Roto drill with month old 3600 nimh + wall charger

4.6 v1 installed with roto plate

Brand new unused 3.5v2 HPI engine

Brand new unused 4.6v2 engine on it's way

2x 3 shoe clutch sets 17t & 16t bells 1 set + 16t used twice, other set used with new shoes

The new engine is nice and tight, don't think I cba with doing the break-ins. Kept @ bdc & bagged indoors atm, oiled frequently.

Have gathered a fair amount of kit for this in prep for the track! :rolleyes:

All batts been ran twice.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2016 at 14:47, dazp1976 said:

Don't think I've got the patience for it :( 

Had every intention of running at the local track with it but still umming & arring.

Atm I've got a 4.6 in there. idles nice but cuts out on a throttle pull & can't get it right. Buggy itself is nice, been all serviced up, set up on the station etc & is solid as a rock.

I'd be thinking of putting it in the fs section but I know I'll be low balled and cba with that, rather shelf it.

There is 2x D812's (one for a spare which is still fully intact) in very good condition & enough spares to go the life of the buggy.

Savox 1256 & 1258

5 sets of wheels (1 brand new) 

Month old 1600 hump & wall charger

Month old 3000 glow + older wall charger with a lead for a proper charger

Roto drill with month old 3600 nimh + wall charger

4.6 v1 installed with roto plate

Brand new unused 3.5v2 HPI engine

Brand new unused 4.6v2 engine on it's way

2x 3 shoe clutch sets 17t & 16t bells 1 set + 16t used twice, other set used with new shoes

The new engine is nice and tight, don't think I cba with doing the break-ins. Kept @ bdc & bagged indoors atm, oiled frequently.

Have gathered a fair amount of kit for this in prep for the track! :rolleyes:

All batts been ran twice.

That's quite a haul of spares you have there

On 5/24/2016 at 19:45, Sully said:

5e1346d7300d3cb03c2cfe954c375ece.jpg

Some new bits to go on after a clean

I see your using the gpm upper arms, how are you finding them?

Allan