• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

I converted mine and the Flux side guards are not a great fit on the nitro. If you look at the 2 plates the Flux is straight and the nitro is shaped slightly like an arrow. If you fit them directly then this makes the width 198mm at the front and 215mm at the rear so the body doesn't fit well (body = 200mm width all the way down). I ground mine straight with the angle grinder then drilled it to make it approx 198mm all the way down when the guards were fitted. I am picky like that though.

Hmm maybe I'll try that out and grind it down if anything. Thanks

Well ive never broken one.. But they do like to bend abit, which then gives you some slop. Plus alu looks cooler [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only ever broken the plastic ones at the rear of the front diff. The one right at the back of the rear diff has lasted. I also found that if you run without the stock rear bumper on it the rear case screws don't bend. I'm now using the Asiatees blocks like Mydoddy which are perfect and when combined with the inner hinge pins from the D812 the suspension block area is solid :)

By the looks no nuts but I'd guess there only m3

Asiatees is where your get the blocks look under trophy 3.5

http://www.asiatees.com/model?HPI-Trophy-3.5-Upgrades-Parts-Hop-Ups&brand=HPI&model=Trophy+3.5&c=z2

Just scroll down etc till you find what you want, colour wise don't worry too much as it be removed easy enough and polished up

lol!!..trees keep getting in his way...

Should go to Specsavers!!

Lol. I think he gets in his own way half the time :D 

Wasn't it Sully that dropped a complete shock down a storm drain while stripping it in his van a while back? :D