• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

He will be running on solid ground. That combination will be fine on asphalt/tarmac. Not a chance in hell on grass!!!!!!!! :)

I can run that on tarmac no probs. Drop 3-5 teeth for the field out the back!!!! Ground makes a big difference.

Also I use a 6s 5000mah 30c with a 1600kv and I can go 25mins on tarmac drop that to 10 on the field.

In fact. With the Flux tork 2200kv on the grass I could only safely run it with a 5s and 13T / 50. The battery was nearly 1kg though!

Actually tried it with a 6s same gearing last week, ent gonna happen :er: Went fine on the tarmac though. Battery 820gr weight.

So. Another one of my stupid ideas. I have 2 nice sets of 3.2 size wheels but cannot run them with the D8T arms without binding so rather than sell them for nothing!!!! I thought I'd have a little play. So I have some old cheapo ones and some used hpi wheels. I've cut the bead off one of the 3.2 tyres and taken the outer ridge off the wheel Traxxas stylee and actually it came out pretty good! except for the glue dried white, it,s supposed to dry clear man :shockingscary: lol. Am gonna do another one tomorrow then I'll have a field test at the weekend to see if they fall to bits but it looks promising. Yay. If they turn out fine then happy days.

OtYtqhR.jpg

Edited by dazp1976

He will be running on solid ground. That combination will be fine on asphalt/tarmac. Not a chance in hell on grass!!!!!!!! :)

I can run that on tarmac no probs. Drop 3-5 teeth for the field out the back!!!! Ground makes a big difference.

Also I use a 6s 5000mah 30c with a 1600kv and I can go 25mins on tarmac drop that to 10 on the field.

those temps are from running on grass. its all i run on and loose dirt at the bike track.

those temps are from running on grass. its all i run on and loose dirt at the bike track.

How short is the grass? The stuff I run on is a bit higher than the maximum ground clearance on the Truggy in places. Maybe mines like my mobility scooter and doesn't like inclines :D or Leopard motors are actually c**p.

Slightly off topic, but just been and picked a savage 25 up for a friend, spent 20mins trying to start the bugger back home, put it in the boot of the car and thought to myself....now I remember why I went electric!

lol...I don't miss nitros.....pull starts. ....the "it worked in the back garden but now I'm at the bash sight it won't 'king start!!!....aa arrggh!!!"....lol....no not missed one single bit.... Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

How short is the grass? The stuff I run on is a bit higher than the maximum ground clearance on the Truggy in places. Maybe mines like my mobility scooter and doesn't like inclines :D or Leopard motors are actually c**p.

No0rmal short, in longer grass the temp maybe slightly higher, but i dont run on mega tall grass to much. my truggy has torque for inclines, and then some more in its abck pocket :D

Hey guys, the c hubs are available on flebay atm,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370994635625?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They even come tracked

As for my gt, its in a few bits, i've decided to give it some loving, replace bend drive shafts, replace bearings, rebuid diffs (change oil wts aswell), i also have 2 sets of pro shocks to rebuild for the gt, not sure what wts to put in them though it will look awesome with 8 shocks on it, im also going to upgrade the servo's aswell as the 2 steering ones were getting quite weak

While stripping the truck down, i realised that there is only 4 pieces of the original gt left on this truck( centre diff, the servo dual servo wire splitter theng and the front upper chassis brace), the rest has been upgraded in some way, its mental how quick it happened and how expensive (even though i got most of the parts cheap)

Allan

Can't believe what I've just done, I am a TIT.

It's quite on site today so I thought I would finish putting her back together after a few repairs and a big clean.

Didn't notice what I was parked over until it was to late, 1 shock and 1 5.5mm socket dropping down the drain. Time to go home and cry.f15d474289fcb923cf7734fe2af392ed.jpg

Edited by Sully
  • Like 1

Can't believe what I've just done, I am a TIT.

It's quite on site today so I thought I would finish putting her back together after a few repairs and a big clean.

Didn't notice what I was parked over until it was to late, 1 shock and 1 5.5mm socket dropping down the drain. Time to go home and cry.f15d474289fcb923cf7734fe2af392ed.jpg

Shouldn't laugh really should I. ...what a gutter!....can u see them??gota megnetic reachy thing??Our mechanic gota habit of working over the drain girds in work..had to retrieve many a thing from the drain..lol!I like the look of them guards Edited by evssv

Hey guys, the c hubs are available on flebay atm,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370994635625?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They even come tracked

As for my gt, its in a few bits, i've decided to give it some loving, replace bend drive shafts, replace bearings, rebuid diffs (change oil wts aswell), i also have 2 sets of pro shocks to rebuild for the gt, not sure what wts to put in them though it will look awesome with 8 shocks on it, im also going to upgrade the servo's aswell as the 2 steering ones were getting quite weak

While stripping the truck down, i realised that there is only 4 pieces of the original gt left on this truck( centre diff, the servo dual servo wire splitter theng and the front upper chassis brace), the rest has been upgraded in some way, its mental how quick it happened and how expensive (even though i got most of the parts cheap)

Allan

RC World has a few listings on ebay with the hubs and stuff but I was unsure on the import tax.

Also RCDamper has all the bits: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINUM-FRONT-C-HUB-CHUB-S-FOR-HPI-1-8-TROPHY-TRUGGY-4-6-FLUX-ALLOY-HUBS-BUGGY-/181306185107

A few

Mine never got stopped at customs, but i think that's cause i was just below the limit, but yeah i would of got mine from asiatees if they were in stock when i was ordering the rear hubs and bearing kit from there

Allan

Mine never got stopped at customs, but i think that's cause i was just below the limit, but yeah i would of got mine from asiatees if they were in stock when i was ordering the rear hubs and bearing kit from there

Allan

I just got 1 of these to try out: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380942767032?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

No charges :)

Just did a speed test with my trophy, thankfuly i still have a phone after that, 42 MPH, Not bad, running 2000kv, 150amp esc, 14.4v lipo running 17/50, and temps where 40 on the mkotor, lipo only 22 and speedcrontroller 20 degrees c! :D

I must be doing something wrong then!

Hit 41mmph on short cut grass running 1600kv on 6s 22.2v 5000mah 30C battery geared 15/50.

Motor temp 61C (with yeah racing dual fan heatsink) esc temp 42C battery temp 38C run time 10mins flat. Ambient temp only 19C. The heatsink has actually dropped it by 10C.

Could my motor be shot? But was only seeing 7C lower temps on 17/50 back in Jan/Feb when ambient only 8C with a single fan.

What do the rest of you get? :)

Edited by dazp1976

I must be doing something wrong then!

Hit 41mmph on short cut grass running 1600kv on 6s 22.2v 5000mah 30C battery geared 15/50.

Motor temp 61C (with yeah racing dual fan heatsink) esc temp 42C battery temp 38C run time 10mins flat. Ambient temp only 19C. The heatsink has actually dropped it by 10C.

Could my motor be shot? But was only seeing 7C lower temps on 17/50 back in Jan/Feb when ambient only 8C with a single fan.

What do the rest of you get? :)

cant be the kv, just did the maths and your moto9r is running at 35000 is rpm and mines around 28000 rpm ish,  and your temps are that high with fans? sounds to me maybe your motor might be on its way out, im still new to brushless, so not sure, but still, you should be hurling past me, i plan to go ot 6s soons, il post  my redults of taht when i do that one,. :)

Guys what's an ok upgrade for a steering servo on my trophy truggy, think the servo is on its way out was playing up the other day and read there not brilliant so didn't want it to give up whilst I'm out bashing.

It's a standard truggy my budget is around

Guys what's an ok upgrade for a steering servo on my trophy truggy, think the servo is on its way out was playing up the other day and read there not brilliant so didn't want it to give up whilst I'm out bashing.

Edited by chrisp