• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Have you read my previous post?,. there are links and names that will take you to where u want to go my friend. Also it is worth mentioning that the front page has useful info. :good:

I know, but asiatees don't have much of parts. And for the 3.5 also

Verstuurd van mijn GT-S5660 met Tapatalk

Hmm outa stock?? maybe,.but unlikely... I just made a large alloy replacements order with em. Under trophy 3.5 though. If u need more than that the best fella here is probably TheOne, He hunts down all the little bits and pieces to go with his worthy upgrades. Read into a LS2 pro roller and you'll find all the parts that u can want. Then ask what u want and someone will have a link for it. "Go engine!" do nice looking coolers by the way.

++++

Cheers for the earlier post Rusty, perhaps you would like to add that into the guides section here on msuk?. I'm sure it'll help out a lot the new fellas.

Edited by Deafty

I drive allot at the field. So i want some good parts for reserve. What parts do easely break and can i buy in aluminium? for as i break them? And what arms do i have to buy for reserve? just the plastic stock arms?

Thx

For spares I have a Truggy roller bought off EBay, picked down and stored neatly in a box waiting for something to break, however since owning my Truggy I have only had to replace the following parts due to being broken (I've been lucky)

Chassis, full speed runaway during tuning with HPI radio set up, hit a curb and bent badly, not replaced at that time just straightened but now I have http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=66477

Front suspension holder, http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=101100, went through loads of these for some reason, 5 or 6 in as many months, no issues now I have the ally ones of the Lightning Stadium 2 Pro.

Steering Arm, http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=101075

Shock Caps, http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=101752

Rear wing mount, http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=101170, gone through two of these and my current one keeps bending out of shape, you'll see how when your TT goes cartwheeling along the track.

Other than that I think this is one tough machine but maintenance is the key! Pick the car down and give it a clean after a good run, look for any signs of wear and after I always give my cars a good spray down with GT-85 http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_193267_langId_-1_categoryId_228374 always on sale at Hellfrauds and smells nice lol

Never broken one of the arms but I would say stay with the standard HPI ones, at under

• Like 1

How about taking your truggys out and actually using them instead of sitting on this forum asking questions.....

If it breaks then ask a question

Seems to me every one wants shinny parts for there trophy but half of u don't even know what u want!!!

Go break it first then buy the part :sly::angrymad:

Edited by ShadowDEMON88
  • Like 1

Go break it first then buy the part
A lot of sensible people prefer to have a nice repairs kit filled with a decent selection before we travel to race tracks and waste a days racing cos a steering knuclke blew out.

Good on you DreTrophyfella for following up on Rusty's suggestion.

What u have listed will make a good spare/bash kit to take trackside/bashside. I would however remove "101764" and/or add the suspension holders "101100" that fit the other side of the diffs, pack also includes different sizes for toe in/out effect.

140.jpg

Then see how u go and perhaps upgrade the later to alu as TheOne suggested. You could also add the arms but bear in mind these usually come with 1 front and 1 rear. Also the wheel hexes makes some sense but imo perhaps it would be a better investment to put that 9 pound towards the 17mm hex conversion. Or buy the wheel nuts packet instead (more likely to lose em).mdvIgS-j3qwoorrxaO-iYVA.jpg

While we're at it, seal in your bolts that hold the steering knuckles in on the c cups. Be that with locktite or silicon it's amust miy8HvG-KmrcFVa1xXklTeg.jpg

Again if these cause too many probs for ya asiatees do em good and cheap (look under buggy though)

chears mate, feel free to add it to your site. how is it coming on anyway?

Slowly..lol

Whats coming?
Trying to complete a data base for all things trophy and lightning to save people time looking for info on their new models. Edited by Deafty

A lot of us sensible people prefer to have a nice repairs kit filled with a decent selection before we travel to race tracks and waste a days racing cos a steering knuclke blew out.

You will always break something you haven't got a swap for.... Who on here is racing there truggy?? I reakon 99% of people here just bash at there local park. So go bash, break things thats the only way to learn. Unless you prefer to polish it and sit it on your shelve!!

Most things I've broke when bashing I wouldn't want to fix outside in the mud!!

Edited by ShadowDEMON88

Oh by the way my piston on the force .32 seems to have become brittal and part of it broke off and jammed the engine.... Might be down to being in my damp boot for 2 wks or something else. No idea why this has happened as not really been running it much recently

Does that mean I should tell everyone to add an extra sleeve and piston to there swaps box.......!?

Shadow someone took a dump in your kit box? Calm down, would rather you have the info on what breaks before going out for a bash so that when one of the suspect things known to breaking breaks you don't have a **** day, I traveled 45 mins for a bash first lap of our track steering arm broke, had about 15 mins with the guys then had to go home. Now I carry steering arms all the time.

What if we don't give you any advice or help and just say get on with it trophy guy is just looking for a help that's what we are all here for isn't it?!?

• Like 2

Shadow, What your saying is totally correct "break it and replace it" and that's what I did when I first started until I found this forum, some people like to be more prepared and that was the question asked so people replied, personally I would rather replace any broken parts while I'm out and i take everything I need to do so. When we go out everyone has all the spares they might need, soldering gear, generator, ramps the works. Bit of overkill perhaps but nothing stops the fun!!

Come on guys this is a great forum for help and advice and I don't see a need for people to get stressed about posts on here.

• Like 2

+1 on deaftys suggestion on the wheel nuts, before you order get some thread lock added on to that list!!! I don't know if hpi racing have still got the edit toe in/ toe out brackets on the clearance corner But I think I picked the 2 of mine up for around 2 quid each. Just have a look on the hpi racing.co.uk clearance corner for bargains :)

edit,..continued From "The One1974,." .

Yup same here, got a decent wee portable workshop,. even have a little fold out work bench that sits sweet as on my ute. Chilly bin in summer with beers, seats, sounds and plenty of rc use!

Edited by Deafty

Oh by the way my piston on the force .32 seems to have become brittal and part of it broke off and jammed the engine.... Might be down to being in my damp boot for 2 wks or something else. No idea why this has happened as not really been running it much recently

Does that mean I should tell everyone to add an extra sleeve and piston to there swaps box.......!?

I usually take a spare engine to a bash if running nitro lol