• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Gah, the hex nut upgrade needs 5x4mm grub screws, is that the same as M5x4 size screws? want to get my shopping list in order ready for pay day next tues

Gah, the hex nut upgrade needs 5x4mm grub screws, is that the same as M5x4 size screws? want to get my shopping list in order ready for pay day next tues

yep, I use M5x5 grub screws purely because they're easier to get :whistling:

i just measured them up, becuase i got these on the back of my trophy 3.5, and im 99% sure they are the same as the ones i got on my truggy, so go for them mate

wow nearly 90 quid for 2 sets of those shocks nice but damm pricey tho :(

Allo my Trophy buggy came with a 13Tooth bell clutch, i upgraded it to a 15 tooth one which fitted perfectly well. i think it made a small difference. What one did you get in the end? Did it fit ok? Much difference in performance??

Got two new bits from my postman yesterday a edit servo saver from eBay and a power hd 17kg servo for my steering

th_2455b926.jpg

th_169f1ee2.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the pics was using my iPhone half asleep at 1am lol

Edited by snowygti

Clutch no.2 has gone, 3 shoe goes in at the weekend. Do they need to bed in much?

Not something I have ever given a thought to, just fit and go for it.

I would recommend anyone to get aluminium shoes though once the originals have gone, they last for aaaaaaages :blush:

The aluminium shoes aren't fantastic as aluminium has weaker inter-molecular bonds than most other metals :blush:

This basicly means that it is easy for bits of it to scrape off. Hence why the clutches in my gearboxes will be steel :whistling:

The aluminium shoes aren't fantastic as aluminium has weaker inter-molecular bonds than most other metals :blush:

This basicly means that it is easy for bits of it to scrape off. Hence why the clutches in my gearboxes will be steel :whistling:

Ermm okay then :D

cos the outermost electrons in a P orbital isn't it lol

intermolecular bonding is strong in aluminium its a giant metallic lattice mate! loool

I found the aluminium long life shoes were crap as there were layers of aluminium left on the clutchbell, and they slipped a lot more than the standard graphite type ones.

Edited by harjun