• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

5 minutes ago, andy_m said:

Thanks,

I hardly use ebay, and apart from a recent purchase from hobby king, I've never bought anything from Hong Kong, so I'd be a bit nervous about that.

But thanks for the link and I'll think about that for the future. In the meantime I'm hoping my expensive steering arms will last me a good while yet :D

cheers

Its all good your covered via paypal should anything go wrong.. Hobbyking have a UK warehouse as well as a few others  

22 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

I only  modded mine so I could make use of the stripped ones I had lying around :D  

Cool mod that, and if my billet ones ever fail I'll be onto you again on how to get that countersink on the inside ;)

18 hours ago, crazyfrog said:

Omg get an air compressor it throws off all the soft stuff in the suspension arms so you only need to wipe over the smooth surfaces

I do have an air compressor, which i use for my airbrush, but by the time i get home (45-60 min drive or more if we go further) the clay has gone solid and need more than a quick blow

On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 13:50, dazp1976 said:

Hopefully those front steering arms go the distance as you've already sussed the short bolt length.

Those are the longer standoffs, that's why the bolt was too short needed the M3x25mm. I had those with my sets too so got the shorter ones off the Vorza as well which also look a bit tidier.

Those e-clips are the bane of my existence also :D 

A little info.

Bolt on jobbies.

Front + rear 4mm inner proper job 109848 (uses 3mm nut)

Rear outer 3mm proper job: 68184 or Hobao 3x50 H90028 (uses 3mm nut)

Front outer nothing with good availability.

For nut and bolt mod minimum lengths required, longer can always be cut with dremmel.

Front + rear 4mm inner: M4 x 80mm + M4 nut

Rear outer: M3 x 50mm + M3 nut

Front outer: M3 x 40mm + M3 nut

I think we need to see if we can get the first page changed to add all these upto date part numbers and switchable parts from other rcs, would save us and others alot of time trying to find it all

Allan

19 minutes ago, pug=309 said:

I think we need to see if we can get the first page changed to add all these upto date part numbers and switchable parts from other rcs, would save us and others alot of time trying to find it all

I agree... It's a bit daunting searching through over 500 pages for stuff like this :)

Just got back from an hours bashing.

While there, and only at the end of the session, I checked the lower screws in both steering arms.

The screw which I used with the spring washer had come loose, but had thankfully not come out. So the spring washer is only really good as a spacer and I'll have to revert to using threadlock.

The other screw was still soundly in place with no sign of loosening, so the threadlock worked fine on that side.

Just took the nitro out in the garden to try. B***h to start and when you pin the throttle it cuts. Had it running about 2 weeks ago for a couple mins and seemed to run o.k. ish after eventually getting it started. Reckon it turns out now that I got a lemon 4.6 engine. The low end needle was in a fair bit, I noticed and the high end wasn't in too far but far enough. Could have been starved a bit previously, turning needles a little at a time made no difference really.

Lesson learned. Buy a new engine so you know what it has/will have been through, give up with used now.

The fuel wouldn't be off after 2 weeks surely.

Edited by dazp1976

I spanked the Trophy for 3 packs today in the warmest weather it's seen so far. I think I'll need to gear down in the summer, shame because I feel like it's driving perfectly as it is now. On the up side I have no breakages to report, and it took some rather nasty tumbles today! 

Nah, fuel should be fine. I've had my gallon of 25% for a month now and it seems okay to me :)

I, too, sometimes feel my 3.5 is a bit of a lemon, and today, while my mate was with me, it made a complete liar out of me by starting with the very first pull...

3 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

I spanked the Trophy for 3 packs today in the warmest weather it's seen so far. I think I'll need to gear down in the summer, shame because I feel like it's driving perfectly as it is now. On the up side I have no breakages to report, and it took some rather nasty tumbles today! 

Nice one :D

Yeah, I was in me shorts and sandals while out bashing today today haha!

• Like 1

Im thinking of swapping out my roto for a pullstart. Anyone know what the trophy is like to start with a pull? Is it a bitch?

Also is the engine meant to sit square with the center diff? Mine seems to be at a slight degree so the clutch bell doesnt sit flat against the center diff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a happy bunny :( 

Just got my batts out to give them a lowish cycle as been out of use for a bit.

1 of my 4x 6s batts reads 0.00v on one cell and 3.82v on the other 5.

Had a bit of crash damage a while back tho where the battery sits above the front of the box quite a bit, Had a front end hit, a few cells shot forward and cracked the soft case. Ran fine afterwards but obviously it wasn't happy :( 

Too big to sit the other way round so I think I better mod the box with a small plate to stop it happening again. 

Depressing :( 

Daz.

Think I sussed out my engine dilemma.

Story: Bought it used - not running that great - went factory settings to start again - cutting out on pinning throttle now worse than before - HSN right in about 6 turns to get it anywhere near running :huh:

Solved: Spotted that the previous user put a 1mm spring washer between the fuel nipple and the HSN where it screws on to secure the nipple. Needle needs to be 1mm further in to compensate for the washer which is why it was dumping fuel in engine at factory :doh:

Need Specsavers me thinks :D 

I went for a bash at my favourite spot today, I've been avoiding it since picking up the Trophy as it tends to be a bit of a car killer and it takes ages to dry out when it rains. Nice and dusty today :) One bent shock shaft and a tyre that decided to part with the rim, it's lucky I've just bought a load of spares! All good fun though :D

https://youtu.be/9IkNh3pH9C8

Great, it seems I can't embed videos again. There's no rhyme or reason to this forum sometimes!!

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 14:25, andy_m said:

Thanks,

I hardly use ebay, and apart from a recent purchase from hobby king, I've never bought anything from Hong Kong, so I'd be a bit nervous about that.

But thanks for the link and I'll think about that for the future. In the meantime I'm hoping my expensive steering arms will last me a good while yet :D

cheers

e bay is king ding-a-ling when u it comes to saving money for sure!:yes:!......u really need to start usein it......u will save loads...and don't worry about buying from aborad......as long as its not loads of moneys worth u b fine.....may take a little longer but worth the savings.....well imo it is....I buy loads of stuff. from all over the world with no probs!:good:!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, evssv said:

e bay is king ding-a-ling when u it comes to saving money for sure!:yes:!......u really need to start usein it......u will save loads...and don't worry about buying from aborad......as long as its not loads of moneys worth u b fine.....may take a little longer but worth the savings.....well imo it is....I buy loads of stuff. from all over the world with no probs!:good:!

Thanks for that, and I know you're right... My son has an MP9 and he buys everything for it off ebay.

I need to get with the program :D