• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Need to upgrade my servo's, not enough brake power and steering too slow.

I also have numerous nuts coming loose, very frustrating...

They are great truggies when you upgrade them to be a bit tougher..

Check out my short video of my truggy catching some big air, nailed a sweet flip but not great angle by camera man.. enjoy...:D

Real nice spot you got there, i dont have any bmx tracks near me. Although there is one, but its flat :confused:

Agreed, that is a real nice spot! I think I have some tracks near-ish to me, but I don't know where they are at all so wouldnt know. :confused:

Not sure what servo's I will use, need plenty of torque.. Let me know any recommendations.

I've swapped all screws for slightly longer ones with a locking nut, no more trouble, no more driveshaft breakages since swapping to trophy buggy style one's.

My engine started to stall when I was braking so I adjusted the idle to stop it happening. Turns out it was my glow plug on its last legs, dropped a new one in and returned idle settings to normal again.

Other than that I have had no issues, which is good because I really give it some abuse.

Anyone got through a set of tyres yet, any recommendations for good replacement tyres or you all sticking with standard ones?

Not sure what servo's I will use, need plenty of torque.. Let me know any recommendations.

I've swapped all screws for slightly longer ones with a locking nut, no more trouble, no more driveshaft breakages since swapping to trophy buggy style one's.

My engine started to stall when I was braking so I adjusted the idle to stop it happening. Turns out it was my glow plug on its last legs, dropped a new one in and returned idle settings to normal again.

Other than that I have had no issues, which is good because I really give it some abuse.

Anyone got through a set of tyres yet, any recommendations for good replacement tyres or you all sticking with standard ones?

I'm going to get new tyres, they are about 50% worn and I need some for the CMCC astro track that don't grip-roll. Hot Bodies do a good range of tyres.

Servos, buy once and get a good one, not buy 10 crap ones at double price. Savox are good and likewise are Ace. Savox 1258 as steering?

As said above I run a ace ds1015 reduced in wheelspin at the moment. never will look back. Although there are some on maxbashing going for sale, think there is a couple going for a bout 30 quid

I got 2x set of proline crimefigthers and 2x other sets. Plus the standard. Crimefighters have loads of grip

how big in inches are truggy tyres? i think 2.2" but not sure.

edit~: just checked they are 4.0"

Edited by henzy190

Need to upgrade my servo's, not enough brake power and steering too slow.

I also have numerous nuts coming loose, very frustrating...

They are great truggies when you upgrade them to be a bit tougher..

Check out my short video of my truggy catching some big air, nailed a sweet flip but not great angle by camera man.. enjoy...:D

Awsome vid, my trophy gets here on monday so down to the local track for me, quick noob question though. How do you change the attitude of the truggy in the air, is it the same as bikes, throttle on to pitch up and brake to pitch down?

Awsome vid, my trophy gets here on monday so down to the local track for me, quick noob question though. How do you change the attitude of the truggy in the air, is it the same as bikes, throttle on to pitch up and brake to pitch down?

yep, heres a vid:

Generally you have to be doing a big jump to change the attitude of the car, useless over a bump. And you really have to think quick too. Not think as such, just do it, which takes practice, etc etc...

Quick bash yesterday morning very good run well happy with the way its runing naw got the bryon race fuel working very well with it but i lost another servo AARRRRRRRRR!!!! :(

And i lost my wing!! :( :(

TruggymonsterHyper7.jpg

My TT tryin to blend in camo style HaHa!!! :rofl:

High speed + Not so good jump + Full nose dive landing =

TruggyGrass.jpg

do we have a user bar for this club ?

Te he he... I can go one better. Give me a while and I'll knock something up on Photoshop... I am a self trained graphic artist you know! Post-it note on my desk now. Te he he he he... on holiday soon so will spend a day or so making it really good...

P.S. nice bash Ipenhale! Did you get the wing back?

Edited by henzy190