• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

They're pretty quick out of the box then really arnt they, moving up 2t on the pinion has made a big difference to speed with little sacrifice to acceleration or temps :-D

I've had a couple of issues with the pinion grub screw in the past, I found that you can take it for a spin and let things warm up a little, or find a tight fitting torx (star) driver and either persuade a better fit with a gentle tap of a hammer or pliers, or heat the Allen/torx bit up with a lighter and hold it in the grub screw for a few seconds...

The only problem I've had is it coming loose a few times,

Going to order a few aluminium upgrades tonight, decided to stick with to orange colour but having trouble finding the correct colour in some of the parts namely diff fixing plate and suspension holder, any links would be much appreciated guys

Debating with myself wether or not to get the aluminium suspension arms all round

u mean ally upper/lower arms??if so no..don't bother as ally will bend....but wont bend back....then there useless....stick to plastic ones....but if u want em go for it...it is ur rc after all....I`d go with ally hubs/carriers but that's it tbh... Edited by evssv

The only problem I've had is it coming loose a few times,

Going to order a few aluminium upgrades tonight, decided to stick with to orange colour but having trouble finding the correct colour in some of the parts namely diff fixing plate and suspension holder, any links would be much appreciated guys

Mine don't slip / come loose any more doing this :)

For those peeps who's pinion's and diff pinion output joints come loose  grrrrrrrr! If you look at the grub screws some of them only grab around the outer edge and kinda look like they have a inverted point in the center like so:

m4-4-hexagon-socket-set-screws-grub-scre

These are c**p and slip all the time.

Buy slightly longer ones and grind them flat like so:

5.jpg

No more problems.

Finally all up and running again after a slight accident the other week and a few last minute hiccups, just done a speed test and it registered 38.1mph !cc9a9fb14f36cc942b1c062950507888.jpg

How restrictive to air flow are the new side extensions chap? Any temp changes?

@dazp

Not had chance to give it a good long bash yet, I'm hoping they won't cause much of an issue but if the do I'll have a rethink, when I do I'll post my temps up on here.

What's people's opinion regarding 8 shocks rather than 4, how does it change the handling

Would be interested in this too as im in the process of doing this, i have all the bits ( 8 "pro" shocks, the shock standoff threaded bars from a gtx2, new seals, 4 edit pro shock shafts (4 more to get)) just unsure of what oils to put in, im doing the mod mainly as i have bent a couple shock towers with jumping and having equal pressure being applied to both sides of the tower should hopefully stop that (especially since im now running edit shock towers)

Any help with oil wts? and what effect the extra shocks have?

Allan

Hey, im no expert (far from it infact) but im more than sure that will work on your 4.6, though a 14 tooth clutchbell would be better that the 13 tooth in that kit (you'll get a bit more top speed without sacrificing too much on acceleration)

Allan

• Like 1