• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Hi guys, I'm having a blond moment I think. Looking to buy a set of dish type wheels and shredder type tyres but all I'm coming up with are smaller than the the stock truggy wheels, (would like them the same size) would someone be kind enough to post up a link and point me in the right direction.

I'm struggling as well! All I can see are these but are out of stock:

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/29637/

The Trophy needs 1/2 inch offset wheels but can only really find zero at the mo.

The Proline 4" VTR may fit but ask the width with Proline first and are zero offset.

Looks like Losi are using the Traxxas style bead the same as AKA.

Jconcepts mostly zero offset and Traxxas bead

Hmmmmmmmm

Modelsport have the same ones so will give them a bell and see what they say regarding the 1/2inch offset.

There may be a possibility of fitting extended hexes to compensate for the offset then you can use standard wheels without losing any width. I don't know what fits but ask around and someone may know.

There must be a simple/easy answer, time to phone a friend or even ask the audience.

Totally. Could do with asking someone with a stock Losi and standard offsets to measure the width of the Truggy for us to see if it's the same. The driveshafts are pretty much the same length so either their hubs or diffs are wider or it's only the Trophy that has the 1/2 offset which would mean that standard would be fine.

I have 3.2 rims on mine at the min but the sidewall is a little big and more prone to rollovers but hey ho.

Edited by dazp1976

Don't know if this is any help, but i recently bought a set of truggy wheels and tyres off the bay, seller said they came from a losi and they went straight on my gt, though i do have extended hex's on mine

Allan

sorry daz I never realised that you pm'd me last month over them diff sets, now I know what you ment at the time of I could of haggled lol in fareness, I wouldn't of haggled anyway as I ended up paying 27 and it took like 2 weeks with low stock and bank holls bs but I got a diff seal set at the same time too.

I'm not usually ignorant lol

sorry daz I never realised that you pm'd me last month over them diff sets, now I know what you ment at the time of I could of haggled lol in fareness, I wouldn't of haggled anyway as I ended up paying 27 and it took like 2 weeks with low stock and bank holls bs but I got a diff seal set at the same time too.

I'm not usually ignorant lol

No worries fella. Was that with you collecting them or posted? Sounds a bit high altho those seals aren't that cheap either. Takes me about 2 weeks to get those things aswell but I don't mind waiting. Best thing to do is keep 2 + 1 center diffs built on the shelf ready to drop in when 1 goes and that way you don't mind waiting. U.K. is c**p for parts stock and then some charge stoopid postage :D

Dazza.

Don't know if this is any help, but i recently bought a set of truggy wheels and tyres off the bay, seller said they came from a losi and they went straight on my gt, though i do have extended hex's on mine

Allan

How's it look without the extenders? Got my last 2 sets off of maxbashing but ended up with 3.2 as they were the only 1/2 offsets I could see. Haven't had a good blast on them yet tho to see how they perform because my steering is crap since I tried a mod but I may have sussed it now. The alloy Hellfire spindle had too much ackerman and what was happening is the steering rod was on a bad angle which made the inner wheel kinda floppy as there was no pull from the rod. Kinda like the rod to spindle end when on full lock was like a V shape angle and the area inside the V had no pressure so it just wobbled about in that whole area. I have now drilled/tapped a new hole further down the spindle end and cut it down for a bit less ackerman and now it's solid and doesn't wobble. Have to get it right no matter what because those carriers and spindles I got are strong :)

The reason for the Hellfire experiment is it was

Edited by dazp1976

Think I might invite myself tongue.gif

No photos at the moment, but I prefer to run stock stuff. Less breakages to more expensive stuff.

So the broken stuff:

• Rear Hub
  • 3x Steering Knuckles
  • Wing Mount
  • Suspension Arm
  • UJ Driveshaft
  • 3 Rear Axles
  • SF-1 Servo
  • Servos Horns (Lost Count)
  • Bell Crank (Now Aluminium)
  • Rounded a hex
  • Shock Caps
So yeah, I've done well. Although well sorted for spares after buying a roller!

1x front hub

1x steering knuckle (lost count in terms of stripped threads!)

2x front arms

3x front arm rear brace

1x rear hub

2x shock caps

bend the drive shafts and shock towers a few time (nothing a hammer and a vice cant sort out :D)

front bumper isnt really there anymore, oh and a diff case after a screw snaped inside of it.

so doing well.

Edited by savageking

I don't really have a spares section in the man shed, I have a few bits that I've not managed to fit yet like 1 set of front shock rebuild kits and 2 hardened diff gear sets that I just haven't had time to fit yet, only the front broke the other week so I just changed enough parts to get it back up and running. I'd love to have built up spare diffs or even another set of wheels would be nice but I seem to spend all my money on this car, just baught a motor for the wr8 the other day and spent the best part of 600 on the 1:1 golf. I think I need a lottery win haha

after investigating the other days cut out issues, turns out I have a tempermental on/off switch. The flick button was broken by the previous owner and I've been using a fine 'pic' to operate up to now but seems there's a dodgy connection in it somewere now too.

Sorry to hijack the thread, i ran the trophy today and it was a bit warm outside.,the temps i got where: motor got to 55 degree c was the hottest , lipo was 37 degree c max and the speed controller 35 degree c max, running 17/50 gearing on 4s 5000 50c gens ace battery, 2000kv hobbywing ezrun 4274 brushless motor and the 150amp hobbywing esc. all seem fine and conftable to me.The speed is plenty so i have no plans to upgear. What do you guys think of the temps? :)

Sorry to hijack the thread, i ran the trophy today and it was a bit warm outside.,the temps i got where: motor got to 55 degree c was the hottest , lipo was 37 degree c max and the speed controller 35 degree c max, running 17/50 gearing on 4s 5000 50c gens ace battery, 2000kv hobbywing ezrun 4274 brushless motor and the 150amp hobbywing esc. all seem fine and conftable to me.The speed is plenty so i have no plans to upgear. What do you guys think of the temps? :)

Those are fine matey. I'm getting 77c motor 40c esc 42c battery running 15/50 on grass with a 4082 leopard 1600kv 150 hobbywing on 6s so something must be wrong with mine!!!!!!! :(

Those are fine matey. I'm getting 77c motor 40c esc 42c battery running 15/50 on grass with a 4082 leopard 1600kv 150 hobbywing on 6s so something must be wrong with mine!!!!!!! :(

Go down a few teeth on your pintion or up on the spur, that will lower youe temps, what batterys are you useing?

Go down a few teeth on your pintion or up on the spur, that will lower youe temps, what batterys are you useing?

It would be like watching a snail :D

Well between my 2 Trophies 1 seems to have a much looser drivetrain and free rolls a lot further than the upgraded 1.

1 has rubber sealed bearings all round and the other has a mix of rubber and metal shield so I'll have a little play around with the mix of both. Could be the diff pinion and center diff (and then gear down :(

Was running 17/50 until March and am used to the speed now :crybaby:

Using zippy 5000mah 30c 6s which weigh 830grams so I have at least 150A of pop from those babies.

With some of the changes I've made to the car it is around 200 grams lighter than stock so technically the batts are 630g so weight isn't an issue.

Edited by dazp1976

It would be like watching a snail :D

Well between my 2 Trophies 1 seems to have a much looser drivetrain and free rolls a lot further than the upgraded 1.

1 has rubber sealed bearings all round and the other has a mix of rubber and metal shield so I'll have a little play around with the mix of both. Could be the diff pinion and center diff (and then gear down :(

Was running 17/50 until March and am used to the speed now :crybaby:

My trophy is converted, I had to shim my diffs so there wasnts so much play, I did get mine secand hand though,  all my wheel bearings are shot and need replacing. will be replacing them with metal shield bearing of ebay, 10 pack for like

My trophy is converted, I had to shim my diffs so there wasnts so much play, I did get mine secand hand though,  all my wheel bearings are shot and need replacing. will be replacing them with metal shield bearing of ebay, 10 pack for like

Edited by dazp1976

There is a lot of talk about temps regarding motors etc, I'm still new to this game, I just plug and play 3 or 4 packs, my truggy is mostly stock, should I be concerned, should I invest in a temperature instrument. Forgive me I've had a fev beers.

There is a lot of talk about temps regarding motors etc, I'm still new to this game, I just plug and play 3 or 4 packs, my truggy is mostly stock, should I be concerned, should I invest in a temperature instrument. Forgive me I've had a fev beers.

Defo get a temp gun, i got this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/GM550-Non-Contact-IR-Infrared-Digital-Thermometer/dp/B007Q87J3U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430077702&sr=8-1&keywords=temp+gun

Works wonders, it ohugh my temps where to hot, but found out that they where good. So defo get one. A must.