• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Hey, would you mind checking to see if the front steering top plate would fit the trophy/ lightning series rc's? as integy do a really nice alu one

Allan

Not sure which bit you mean bud, looking at the wr8, it's plastic on mine as standard (if you mean the bit that secures the steering post tops?) And on my buggy flux it's orange alu?

• Like 1

If that's the bit you mean, then no they wouldn't swap over, the wr8 seems smaller anyway more like 1/9 scale. I just put them side by side and there's quite a difference

• Like 1

If that's the bit you mean, then no they wouldn't swap over, the wr8 seems smaller anyway more like 1/9 scale. I just put them side by side and there's quite a difference

Aw well, thanks for checking

Sucks integy doesn't make any bits for our TRuggy

Yeah i agree, but what can you do

Allan

No its a good thing integy parts are a pile of dog turd :yes: ..

That's what I've been reading too off different pages on here, not much strength and screws strip out easily. That's what's being said on the wr8 thread....that's quite a boring thread tbh not a patch on this one haha and if anyone's curious...don't buy one!

That's what I've been reading too off different pages on here, not much strength and screws strip out easily. That's what's being said on the wr8 thread....that's quite a boring thread tbh not a patch on this one haha and if anyone's curious...don't buy one!

Why what's wrong the wr8?? 

I'll happily give you the

I'm sure you would mydoddy haha. I like it and I'm enjoying fiddling with it but the 1.5m hex's are a pita especially on the diffs. Some of the parts are/were ridiculously priced, like a set of Hpi wheels and tyres. Someone payed 150 just for a shell in the thread....wow. to be fair I'd not been getting much help with questions or finding information that I'd been looking for but one lads just come back to me that's been on the thread since the start so hopefully I'll get to know what I need and it'll be all good and be up and running when my bank balance lets me.

Edited by stevo2551

Really, so the integy alu diff i have is a piece of (insert your favourite derogatory word here)?

Allan

I'm not a parts rep nor do I have anything integy, so I can't really say either way al, I guess the only way is to try it and see how it goes, I read something in another thread (if I could find it again I'd link it for you) but they were saying they more or less fully upgraded a flux xs with integy bling and after a couple of runs ended up taking anything that would be under stress off again due to parts bending and screw holes stripping. Said it looked really well, but not practical for bashing. People have different ideas on bashing. On the wr8 thread they're all happy at jumping off a curb...to me that's not bashing lol he might of been trying to do 20ft jumps on concrete or just playing on a field I don't know bud. Dazp has recently upgraded to alu diff housings a page or so ago on here :-)

I'm sure you would mydoddy haha. I like it and I'm enjoying fiddling with it but the 1.5m hex's are a pita especially on the diffs. Some of the parts are/were ridiculously priced, like a set of Hpi wheels and tyres. Someone payed 150 just for a shell in the thread....wow. to be fair I'd not been getting much help with questions or finding information that I'd been looking for but one lads just come back to me that's been on the thread since the start so hopefully I'll get to know what I need and it'll be all good and be up and running when my bank balance lets me.

I see what you mean about the body shell. I just had a look and I'd be looking at about

Edited by dazp1976

Hoping to get the lightning stadium and the lightning gt out tomorrow if the weather plays ball for some testing before we take them to a tidy looking bmx track, the misses even wants a go

I've seen people upgrade the brakes. Are they using the d8t setup? If not what is suggested

The brakes on my ls and gt are brutal, the gt has double discs up front (locked centre diff) and the ls has the lsp setup (double discs up front and single rear discs), the gt can flip if you hammer them on quick enough

Allan

Wife home from hospital today with our new baby, going to be a nice day so I might suggest a walk round the local park that happens to have a bmx area. Can you see where I'm going with this !!!

• Like 1

Wife home from hospital today with our new baby, going to be a nice day so I might suggest a walk round the local park that happens to have a bmx area. Can you see where I'm going with this !!!

Congratulations on the new baby mate

And good luck with your diabolical plan lol

Allan

• Like 1

Congrats sully, I know when we brought our new arrival back home the Mrs wasn't up for leaving the house for a few days never mind pushing a pram around in the cold whilst I 'played out' haha good luck with it :-D

• Like 1

Ha Ha you wish lol

Yea I probably was being a bit optimistic, so I went down on my own before they come out later. Now back and looking over my truggy ive realised how scratched (very deep) the underside of the chassis is, so been thinking of putting some sort of sticky plastic decals on. Can anyone recommend anything along those sort of lines.

I too thaught about some kind of protection for the underside but it'll only wear down the same, I have some deep marks in mine, I just put it down to being well used, it's only going to get worse haha

I must admit I do bash mine long and hard (truggy) so I can't complain, that underside photo looks great, is that the stuff from MS.

I'm really not sure where it's from. I got it from a friend who used it on his motorcycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk